014

NARRATIVE:

jade finished getting ready for her plans with her friends. she spent some time in her phone before she had to leave.

the situation involving jade and alex has semi-calmed down. there were of course still people talking about it, but it wasn't the main topic on tiktokroom anymore.

about 10 more minutes passed until she heard two honks from outside of her apartment. jade walked out and saw a car full of her friends, and vinnie.

when jade got into the car everyone was swarming her with sweet words and hugs.

avani turned around from the front seat to give jade a kiss on the cheek, "how are you?" she asked with a smile.

"i've been better." avani half frowned at jades response.

"come on let's go," jade suggested.

they all arrived at the spot that they were having their picnic. anthony opened the basket full of food as troy layed out the blankets. jades mind was off of alex and amelie for the first time in a while, until she zoned out and her mind began wondering.

the same questions kept occurring in her head.

what jade didn't know was that it wasn't her fault that alex cheated on her or that amelie went behind her back. they were the ones who screwed everything up.

vinnie noticed that jades happy mood was all a facade. the red eyes and dark circles that she tried to cover up with makeup showed through. it takes a depressed person to know one.

vinnie slightly nudged jades arm to regain her attention on the conversation. she jumped up in surprise.

"hey do you guys want to take pictures?" avani asked.

a few people in the group nodded.

"jade do you want me to take yours?" vinnie said to jade.

"uh yeah sure."

jade and vinnie walked over to the spot where jade liked so he could take her pictures.

"hey um thanks for coming over the other night, i really appreciated it. it was a hard night for me and you being there made it a little bit better." jade expressed.

"yeah sure. i'm always here for you j, wherever whenever. you can count on me." the boy reassured.

they continued walking.

"have you heard from any of them?"

"no. they've been completely mute." jade began, "i feel like i deserve an explanation from one of them at least. or maybe an apology. do you think they're gonna get together?"

"i really don't know jade, i wish i could tell you."

jade sighed and vinnie spoke again, "but i do know that neither of them deserve you. you're too good of a person to be in their lives and i hope you know that."

"thank you," the girl smiled.

"come on let's take pictures," vinnie said.

"'kay."

***
- this was kind of a short chapter. it's been like a week too lol. me saying i'm "back on my shit" is like nai saying she's gonna be consistent on youtube...