011

NARRATIVE::

jade was walking home when she heard a car follow behind her. alex was always one to be persistent.

without looking back jade said, "alex i thought i made it clear that i don't want to see you right now."

"i'm not alex," someone said. jade turned around and saw that it was the curly headed boy, vinnie.

"want a ride? i've sobered up."

"uh yeah sure that would be great actually."

jade hopped into vinnies car, pretty girl by clairo playing in the back.

"mind if i change it?" jade asked.

"c'mon you don't like clairo?"

"no no i do," the girl laughed, "it's just that me and alex would always listen to this song."

"shit sorry."

"nah."

the car ride was awkward between the two, as much as jade hated to admit it, you could cut the tension between the two with a knife.

"vinnie," jade sighed.

"yeah?"

"i saw your comment on the post. thank you."

"oh yeah, anytime j." vinnie responded with a smile.

vinnie was pulling up to jades apartment, "well we're here."

she didn't feel like getting out of vinnies car, knowing that she'd be sleeping completely alone that night.

"alright well, thanks for the ride. again."

"jade," vinnie uttered.

"yeah?"

"you know i'm here for you right? even though we just met a few weeks ago, i consider you a friend."

"thanks vin."

the two just looked at each other. in vinnies presence, jade felt comfort and safety. it was nice but deep down she felt guilty, knowing that she had felt this was since she first met the boy. jade had too much pride to admit that though.

"um i don't know if you'd want to, but if you don't that totally fine i get it but, do you want to come inside?" jade asked.

"yeah, yeah sure."

"okay."

as jade and vinnie were walking up to her apartment she was struggling to unlock the door.

"what the fuck!" jade whisper-screamed.

"here let me help you," vinnie laughed.

"i'm a big girl i can do it vincent."

"how do you know that's my name? what if it was vicenté?"

"shut up." jade said, still struggling with the key.

"holy fuck. wait, okay i got it."

"welcome to my crib," jade welcomed.

"how fun," vinnie said.

"do you want anything to drink? i have a shit ton of apple juice or water?"

"i'll stick with water."

"lame," jade joked.

for the next couple of hours vinnie and jade were talking. nothing else besides enjoying each other's presence. both of them trying to avoid the inevitable, alex conversation.

while jade was getting to know vinnie more, she noticed that there's a lot more to him than social media shows. he's been through a lot. jade felt bad for vinnie because she knows how he feels. both of them going through similar things.

"i think that's why i fell so hard for alex. growing up i never saw a successful relationship or how a man should act or treat a woman." jade admitted.

"what about your dad?"

"he was in and out my whole life. sometimes he was super involved and other times it was like i never existed to him. he was also extremely toxic for my whole family which caused even more problems."

"i'm sorry jade, there's not much else i can say." vinnie replied.

"nah it's okay. i just wish i knew about what alex was doing earlier. usually i notice this shit. or even amelie. she's been so distant lately i should've known something was up. that's my fault though."

"no it's not your fault. alex and amelie were the ones who were doing that shit. none of it is on you."

"thanks."

"and i mean, i know how much getting cheated on sucks. it'll take a while to heal, but eventually you just won't care anymore."

"you got cheated on?" jade questioned vinnie.

"twice. both were in high school though, so i'm over it now. if anything she's probably feeling really fucking stupid now."

"damn. imagine being able to say you cheated on vinnie hacker, the thirst trap boy."

"it's lowkey a flex," vinnie chuckled.

"holy shit."

"what?"

"it's three in the morning," jade yawned.

"damn. i should get going then,"

"yeah probably."

they both got up from jades couch and walked back to vinnies car.

"thanks for staying vin, i really do appreciate it."

"no worries, i had fun," vinnie smiled.

jade looked up to vinnie, meeting his eyes, not sure of what would happen next. his eyes focused on jades, sparking tension between them. tension that was there the whole night, but got pushed off.

"alright well, i'll talk to you later," the boy said. preventing what they both knew would happen next if they were to stare at each other any longer.

"okay, drive safe loser."

"later asshole!" vinnie yelled through his window, driving off.

jade was lying in bed, thinking about everything that happened that night

jade was lying in bed, thinking about everything that happened that night. attempting to comprehend everything, she cried. finally letting the tears in. small tears trickling her cheeks.

there were two questions jade had to ask herself. should i forgive alex? and, do i like vinnie?

with that, she fell asleep.

jade gomez, always a fool for love.

***

- i like this chapter. also, leave me some comments i love reading them, y'all can be some comedians. also jade is older than vinnie btw. later besties.