Chapter 1 - The Beginning (Player: Cloud)

May 7, 2009

It has been almost 2 years since Sephiroth has been killed. It has also been almost 2 years since Aerith's death. I've been staying with Tifa at the new 7th Heaven Bar in Edge, the city built near the ruins of Midgar. We've been getting a lot of customers. I even started a delivery service for the bar. It's been useful getting food and drinks to customers far across Edge. But, I miss Aerith, as well as the rest of AVALANCHE. They're not dead, but we haven't seen each other for 2 years. Tifa also misses them. I'll write again tomorrow. -Cloud.

Cloud went downstairs to see Tifa, who was making a drink for a customer that looked familiar to Cloud.

"Hey. Do I know you from somewhere?" Cloud asked the hooded customer.

"No," said the customer. "Maybe a passing glance?"

"Well I'd be able to see if I recognize you if you took off that hood." Cloud said.

"Fine." said the customer, and Cloud and Tifa both gasped.

It was Cid! He had found his way to Edge somehow.

"So, we meet again Cloud. Nice to see you. And you too Tifa." Cid declared, his voice as loud as it was 2 years ago.

"Cid!" Cloud said, dumbfounded. "How did you find us here?"

"Well, I was flying around the remains of Midgar, and found this quaint little town." Cid explained. "I walked around for a bit, and found the 7th Heaven. I didn't wanna just walk in and make a big scene, so I pulled my hood up so it could be a surprise."

"I'm just glad you're still alive Cid." Tifa said.

"What's that supposed to mean?!" Cid shouted. "You calling me old!?"

"No, of course not Cid!" Tifa claimed, embarrassed. "I was just... uhh..."

"It's ok Tifa. Calm down." Cid said. "I was just joking with you!"

Tifa did eventually calm down, but then there was a bit of silence. Cloud did eventually break the silence by asking Cid a question.

"Hey Cid, have you seen Barret, Red, Yuffie, Cait, or Vincent recently?" Cloud asked.

"Can't say I have," Cid said. "Last I saw them was 2 years ago."

"Oh." Cloud responded. "Well, I guess that's that then."

"I have an idea." Tifa said.

"And what's that idea?" Cid questioned.

"We could use the Highwind to try and find the others!" Tifa exclaimed.

"Sure," Cloud said. "What do you think, Cid?"

"Whatever," Cid replied. "Don't got anything better to do."

"And they closed the 7th Heaven, went to the Highwind, and set off for a journey around Gaia to find the rest of AVALANCHE.