Chapter 12

Around midnight, Alberto awoke from his slumber. His green eyes saw a blurry figure running out of the room. He only saw a glimpse, because of the moonlight, of Luca's brown hair. Why was he in a hurry? Did something happen?

Alberto didn't think to worry about it as he goes to go to sleep again, but the gnawing feeling of something being wrong ate at his guts. He knew Luca was still traumatized by the dark and was still injured...maybe checking on him will be okay? Yeah, it most definitely will be okay.

So, Alberto slowly gets out of the bed, limping as he limps out of Guilia's room and towards the room where Luca was in. Huh...it was the bathroom...The light was on, and the sounds of muffled sobs filled in ears.

Fear immediately placed in Alberto's eyes as he hurriedly limps towards the bathroom, but only falls on his face. He luckily didn't hurt his knee as much, but it still hurt. The muffled sobs had came to stop just as Alberto had fallen.

"U-Um...Luca?" Alberto whispers. "H-Help me?" Alberto couldn't get up. He grunts as he attempts to stand up. It was hard and there was nothing to help him/ support him. He sighs and shakes his head. He's going to be like this for the next six weeks, huh?

The door opened and Luca poked his head out, searching around a bit before looking at the ground and gasping a bit. He wipes something off his mouth and rushes over to help up Alberto. "A-Alberto! Are you okay?!" He grabs him by his arms and helps him walk back to Giulia's room and onto her bed. "I didn't think you be awake at this hour..." He says this quietly and Alberto raises his eyebrows.

"Well, I woke up just after you woke up...why were you crying?" Alberto asks and Luca looks away. His face was full of regret and fear.

"I...I had a nightmare..." Luca admits softly. It was obvious though. He was lying. It looked like Luca didn't sleep at all. His eyes bags seemed to be even heavier and his hair was unkempt and messy. Alberto was no fool and spoke up.

"You're lying," He says cooly, which totally caught Luca off guard. His head snapped up at Alberto with wide eyes.

"Yeah," Alberto nods his head. "You're lying. I can tell. I'm no fool, Luca, so you might as well spill it out now. What's on your mind, big shot?" He jokes a little at the end, earning a tiny smile from the younger male. But, the smile disappeared a second after and Luca begins to twiddle his fingers. He avoided Alberto's eyes and decides to stare at the ground, finding it more interesting than their conversation.

"Luca..." Alberto's voice was much softer this time. "Hey...why are you crying?" Well, that was a dumb question. Luca had every right to cry. He was basically forced to go down to the bottom of the ocean, his mother is insane, his Uncle died unexpectedly (though it was inevitable), he fought a mysterious creature and nearly died twice, and is probably suffering from many things. So, he should be crying right now.

"I-I..." Luca quickly wipes his eyes as he tried to force the tears to stop flowing from his eyes. "I-I didn't know I was crying...sorry...I'll stop now..." He sniffs and desperately tries to stop. But he couldn't. "Crap...I can't stop..." He laughs a bit, but it sounded forced. His smile was fake, and his tears slowly turned into low sobs as he uses his fist to wipes away the tears.

"I-I'm sorry, Alberto...I really am...I'm just...going through...some stuff..."

"Hey..." Alberto grabs his hand and rubs his thumbs. "You can talk to me...you can trust me..." He smiles at Luca with concerned eyes. "Did someone make you uncomfortable? Did someone do something to you while I was out cold?" His grip tightened a bit, and Luca shakes his head.

"N-No...nothing happened...I'm just...I just don't feel like myself...like...I'm not me..."

"Hey, what did I tell you about listening to Bruno?" Alberto asks. "Don't let-"