Chapter 2

Alberto lets out a sigh as he sits upon the ground from staring at the ceiling for some time now. He was really worried now. It's been nearly a week since he has last seen his friend, Luca. The last conversation they had was Luca ranting about his parents being overbearing and forcing him to go to the deep parts of the ocean for the rest of the season with his Uncle Ugo.

Of course, with Alberto being the great friend he was, he suggested he and Luca would run away the next day to get their Vespa and drive away from reality. It sounds like a great fantasy, and it had put Luca's mind at ease to run away with his best friend. Hell, it even made Luca blush a bit at the thought of being alone with Alberto as they rode all around the world. Just the two of them, alone.

______

"That sounds nice..." Luca says with a small smile as he and Alberto were staring up at the sky. It was nighttime and the stars- no- fishes were shining brightly than they ever were. The two boys sat close together, their hands nearly touching.

"It does," Alberto says calmly with a bright smile. "Just me, you, and our Vespa...say, Luca?" Alberto looks at his friend with curious eyes. "Once we get our Vespa, where do you want to live? I mean, we have to settle down after traveling all over the world..."

"O-Oh..." Luca's voice cracked a bit, which Alberto found adorable, and chuckles a bit.

"I haven't thought of that...in most books, we looked through earlier...the maps I mean, I saw this really cool place called Amer...America. I think that's how you pronounce it...yeah. The United States! I heard there are so many possibilities and things to do there!" His eyes sparkled at the thought and grins from ear to ear. "I really want to go there and just...have fun with you, Alberto...because...you're my special friend and I don't want anything to separate us...not even my parents..." Well, Luca grumbles the last part with a frown before replacing it with a happy smile.

"Let's go, yeah?" His voice cracks again and Alberto blushes, nodding his head, unable to get any words out.

Why was his heart beating so fast? Why was he getting sweaty all of a sudden? Why was he now realizing the smaller details in Luca's face? He looked so...

"Beautiful..." Alberto mumbles and Luca looks at him with questioning eyes.

"Huh? What's beautiful?" His oblivious head turn made Alberto blush even more and turn his head away, too embarrassing to suddenly look at Luca. "T-The sky! I bet the sky will look even more beautiful in America!" He quickly makes up a lie and sighs in relief as he hears Luca laughs happily.

"Yeah! I bet it will!"

______________________________

"I hope you're okay..." Alberto mumbles as he sat up from the ground. His colored eyes bore into the ocean as he was debating if he should go in or not? It's not like Luca is hiding away from him...right? Luca wouldn't abandon him like his father did...right?

The mere thought of Luca leaving him sent shivers up his spine. No way. Luca wouldn't leave him...his parents probably didn't send him to the bottom of the ocean, but forbid him from coming to the surface completely and was keeping a close eye on him. Yeah, Alberto only hopes that is the case so his rushing mind can be put at ease.

Alberto sighs as he decides to go into the ocean. He has to look for Luca. The burning feeling in his gut didn't cool until he jumped inside of the ocean, feeling his human skin turn into scales. He would never get used to that feeling. The coolness of the ocean sent shivers down Alberto's spine as he begins to swim, clearly not knowing where to go. Now realizing he doesn't know where Luca lives, Alberto groans in frustration.