𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 14

Magsimula sa umpisa

I wasn't exactly mad at him, but I could pretend I was until his charm won me over. He ended up beating me at making it to the parking lot, and he never stopped bragging about it until just now.

I lead the way to the treehouse since this would only be his second time going, once the makeshift house is in view I sprint towards it, I can't handle losing at anything. Kai catches on quickly and cashes after me, too bad I used to sprint track, I make it to the house first and make sure to rub it in Kai's face.

"You didn't even tell me we were racing Rory!" He throws his hands up in the air frustrated.

"You should've known." I shrug, I've won fair and square, he just can't handle losing. He shakes his head chuckling before entering the house through the small door.

"Did you bring a lunch today?" I shake my head no, I'm never really hungry until I realize I haven't eaten all day. And now, I'm hungry.

"Good thing I've brought lunch for the both of us." Kai smiles brightly, I smile too taking a seat beside him on the couch. He takes out the two bento boxes and hands me one. "The chopsticks are inside."

"Thank you, Kai, this shouldn't be an everyday thing though." I didn't need his mom bending over backwards to make him and me lunch every day, I was responsible enough to do so myself.

"Why not?" He answers quickly a sad frown on his face, I didn't know what I did to make him sad, but I did something.

"Or it could be an everyday thing." I smile, not wanting to further upset him, I think he enjoys us sharing lunch together. He sighs relieved.

"What do you want to be when you grow up?" I blurt out, he quickly finishes chewing before responding.

"A surgeon, I currently am getting volunteer hours working with my uncle at the hospital."

"You get paid?"

"Minimum wage," he shrugs.

"What about you Ms McKinney, what do you wanna be when you grow up?"

This question scares the shit out of me, I don't know why I asked him in the first place, I always imagined myself marrying a rich man and being a stay-at-home mom, but the older I get, the further the rich man goes. I've realized that I'm going to have to get a full-time job soon, and that annoys me. "A nurse, or maybe a bookstore owner."

"If you don't become a nurse, you could still be my personal nurse," Kai suggests wiggling his eyebrows smirking. I throw my head back laughing, he's so weird but in a cute way.

"Is that your way of shooting your shoot?"

"I'll try again later then."  

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

We finish up our lunches even though we were talking about random things in between eating, we packed up our things and now we kinda just lounge around, Kai has class in 30 minutes, and I have to tutor soon too.

"Wanna do something?" I ask, Kai raises his eyebrow.

"What do you mean by 'something'?" I don't know how to explain yet, so I grab onto his hand, and he quickly picks up his bag and board following me. We run hand in hand further into the forest until I find a nice-looking tree.

"Perfect," I mumble to myself; I reach into my backpack and take out the pocket knife my dad put into my bag for safety.

"What are you doing with that Rory?" Kai says taking a step back, I turn around quickly with the knife in my hands, blade towards him. He takes a big leap back letting out a scream.

I scream as well.

"Oh chill stink-stink, I'm not going to kill you, yet."

I put the blade down realizing why he's so scared, this eases him up because he takes another big leap towards me blushing. "Let's carve our initials on this tree to signify our friendship." I smile brightly, he nods his head septically.

"Do you do this with all your new friends?"

"No, you're special." He nods his head again, taking the knife out of my hands and carving a 'K.Y' beside my 'A.M'.

"What happens if we become more than friends Rory."

"You mean like a couple?" I ask, the thought of us being together romantically constantly plays out in my head, he nods.

"Then we would carve a heart around it, to signify our love."

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

AN: all done ;0