How Necessary is Romance?

"Hey, Kacchan?"

"Yes, nerd?"

Izuku opened his mouth before faltering. "I, uh, uhm..."

"Spit it out," Kacchan said. "Come on, you got it."

"Nevermind."

"That's bullshit," Kacchan declared.

The two boys were hanging with each other in Izuku's room.

Well, one could say it belonged to Asuka, Mamoru, and Izuku. But Izuku was the one majorly in it, so it was his.

"What do you think about romance?" Izuku hesitantly said, his eyes locked on Kacchan's face to see his reaction.

"Romance can go fuck itself" was not the answer he was expecting.

"It's not necessary. The old hag always nags about how I'm gonna want to start a family and how I'm gonna be lonely and shit like that, but the thing is, I've never felt that in my life. Personally, I can't ever imagine doing something like that," Bakugou explained. "If you're gonna ask me why people like romance so much, they're either lonely, want to be desired and desired back, or they just like seeing it. Weird, I know."

"Whoa."

Bakugou's forehead furrowed. "And what does 'whoa' mean?"

"I never knew that was an option!" Izuku said, his eyes sparkling.

"You can literally almost do anything with romance," Bakugou commented. "Kiss a guy? Sure. Kiss a girl? Sure. Kiss someone whi ain't either? Sure. Kiss no one? It's not like what you're not doing is horrible."

"So," Izuku said, "I can kiss anyone I want?"

"Well, there's gonna be some people ya can't do that too. Little kids, really old people, not people - "

"Wait, why not?" Izuku tilted his head.

Bakugou stared at him before slapping his forehead. "I forgot that you were in a damn forest for twelve fucking years." He then pointed at Izuku. "Okay, listen up! If you're gonna kiss romantically, that is on the lips usually, only kiss those you're dating. People you're dating should be around the same age and you should know them for a bit before saying that because you don't know what they're like if not. They could be a total asshole! Old geezers who wanna date you are probably perverted pedophiles and you'll be like that if you date someone too young. Also, if they're a jerk, tell me so I can beat the shit put of them!"

Izuku's face turned red. "I'm not dating anyone! I don't know if I'm gonna date anyone. I mean, maybe, but I don't know!"

"Ah. Okay then," Bakugou said.

"What does that mean?"

"Exactly what I said. Okay then. You obviously don't wanna discuss it that much, so wanna see  how I can crush you in a game?" Bakugou smirked.

"Which game?" Izuku asked, the small amount of competitiveness he had flaring up.

"Online Uno," Bakugou answered.

"Will you teach me how to play?" Izuku said.

"Yep."

"You're on!" Izuku exclaimed.

--------------------
Aizawa POV

Aizawa from last year would've been maybe disappointed in him.

Why?

The man was standing outside the door, listening into their conversation. In his hands were a bowl of strawberries that he had obtained because of a great deal he couldn't ignore. He was supposed to send them those and go back to the living room to either watch TV or sleep. One of the two.

Instead, he was grinning like an idiot as he listened to Bakugou's explanation to Problem Child about romance. The kid was doing a great job, despite how many swears he was putting in. But Problem Child would hear it sooner or later, as long as he didn't swear himself.

Once the conversation started to shift a bit did Aizawa enter the room. "You want strawberries?"

Bakugou's expression didn't change, but his eyes were sparkling. Izuku, however, didn't refrain from jumping into the air while saying, "Yeah!"

Aizawa passed the bowl to him, who then put it between himself and Bakugou. Aizawa asked, "What are you guys playing?"

"Uno."

"Online cards! Bakugou's teaching me!" Izuku replied.

"No gambling now," Aizawa teased and Bakugou rolled his eyes.

"I know that!"

"As long as you get off the screens before the next hour, I don't think that'll be good."

"Hai!/Fine."

Aizawa smiled as he walked out of the room.

Izuku was going to grow up amazingly, like the great kid he is now.