The Thing About The Future

"So," Nezu said during their lessons. "Have you thought about what you want to do in the future?"

Izuku stopped writing. "Like a job?"

"Precisely. Like a job."

Izuku put the pencil to his chin and started to think. "Maybe... like a teacher?"

"Oh?" Nezu leaned forward, his hands together. "Really? Do you have any reasons why?"

"I want to help people and teach people," Izuku simply answered.

"If you want to help people, then why not be a hero? Or a paramedic? Or a police officer?" Nezu pressed.

"As much as it sounds weird, I wanna help kids and shape their future. I wanna see them grow and when I see them somewhere like on the news, I'll be proud that I was someone who helped them achieve their goals. Being on the scene, that means seeing injuried, death, things like that. I don't think that I'll be able to work happily, knowing the next injuried or casualty person is someone I know."

"Interesting response," Nezu hummed before grabbing the cup of tea which always seemed to pop before them from thin air. "But you are going to have to work with others, correct?"

"Well, yeah," Izuku rubbed the back of his head.

"So that brings the question. Which class?"

"What do you mean, which class?" Izuku tilted his head.

"Support course with Hatsume? Hero course with Bakugou? General Studies with no one you know yet? Business course?" Nezu explained.

"I - uh - "

"Of course, you don't have to choose now," Nezu said. "But we are planning on having you join a class next year."

Izuku's eyes widened. "Wait, really?"

Nezu nodded."As much as you are a delight to teach, I cannot hog you for myself. Besides, a young boy at your age should be having social skills."

Nezu then paused, putting the cup on its saucer. "If teaching is what you wish to pursue, ask Aizawa. He has the experience to answer some questions you may have."

Izuku nodded.

"Well," Nezu clapped, breaking the solemn atmosphere around them, "let's have an early lunch."

----------

"Hey, Dad?"

"Yes, Problem Child?"

"Why did you start teaching?" Izuku asked.

The man next to him didn't answer and Izuku was about to repeat the question again until he opened his mouth and said, "At first, it was because Nezu requested me to."

"So? Why did you continue to teach?"

"Well, hero work," Aizawa expanded, "is a dangerous field. As much as I hate dreama die halfway, there are limits those dreams can go."

"Like?"

"I expel many people on their first day. Last year, I expelled everyone."

"Everyone?!"

Aizawa nodded. "Yep, all twenty of them. I expel people because they either have the wrong mindset or cannot handle the load hero work gives you. You gotta be able to handle the fact that hero work is almost nothing you see on TV."

"By mindset, do you mean they've got bad intentions?" Izuku questioned.

"I wouldn't call them bad, but they've certainly got a long way to go if they think that because they have a nice quirk they can go through life smoothly while making fun of everyone else. UA is a strict school for a reason. I don't get paid to see arrogant kids who are making out with each other half the time."

With that said, they rounded the cornee and reached the apartment entrance.

"Maybe UA should have a separate test to see what students are like before entering the classroom," Izuku thought out loud when they went in the elevator.

"Maybe," Aizawa said and the door closed.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Which class do you guys think Izuku should go to?