A Promise Kept (Last Part)

The air in Shantivan reeked of despair, remorse and anger. The Raizadas and Guptas were trying to wrap their heads around Arnav's declaration and prepare themselves to face the abysmal future that lay ahead. Whether or not the families concurred with the punishments dished out, they all unwillingly accepted the respective role they played in inviting these testing times upon themselves. Well, all but one!

Anjali was still living in her la la land, assuming that Arnav had taken another rash decision in his anger and would reverse it on cooling down. She thought that all this would blow over soon and once again she would be the Raizada princess. Her illusion got the first hit after she read the papers which awakened her to the possibility that this was not a temporary situation.

The 'Di' in Anjali was already annoyed as her 'Chote' hadn't fulfilled her 'small' wish. Him siding with his wife instead of his sister didn't go down well with her. On top of that, he had the audacity to insult her like this. What did he think of himself? With a mix of disbelief and rage, she read out the stipulations laid out by Arnav:

Anjali: 1. Miss Anjali Raizada must vacate Shantivan premises with immediate effect. She can live at the outhouse on the grounds of Shantivan or find alternate accommodation. In either case, the staff on the payroll at Shantivan will not assist her in any manner.

2. If Miss Raizada choses to stay in the outhouse, she must deposit monthly rent in an account, the number of the same will be provided to her by Mr. Aman Mathur.

3. Miss Raizada will be responsible for all her expenses. To do so, she may apply for a job in any company barring AR mills. She is forbidden from using ASR's name or goodwill while seeking employment. If she decides to start her own business, she is prohibited from offering Shantivan as collateral while applying for a loan.

4. If any of the family members provide her with any financial aid (including but not limited to money for rent, utilities, conveyance, shopping, religious or spiritual activities), they would be evicted from Shantivan. In addition, Mr. Aakash Raizada would have to forego his post at AR Mills and the premium for Mrs. Devyani Raizada health insurance policy would no longer be borne by Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada.

5. Miss Raizada has no stake in any of Mr. or Mrs. Arnav Singh Raizada's business or properties and cannot claim so in the future as well.

6. Any jewellery which has been gifted to Miss Anjali Raizada by Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada or purchased using money earned by him, must be handed over to Mr. Aman Mathur by the end of the day.

7. Miss Anjali Raizada will have to undergo mandatory psychiatric treatment. The doctor will be directly appointed by Mr. Aman Mathur and he will also take care of any relevant fees. Mr. Mathur will also be privy to progress updates to ensure that the patient follows through with the treatment.

8. Miss Anjali Raizada is not permitted to contact Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada, Mrs. Khushi Arnav Singh Raizada, any of their kids or Mr. Nandkishore Mehra. Failure to do so will result in a formal restraining order issued against Miss Anjali Raizada.

Anjali: What is the meaning of this? How can you expect me to work?

Arnav: Aakash with his reduced income and increased obligations will need help in providing for the family. For obvious reasons, Nani, Mami and Mama are not contenders. With Khushi's departure, Payal will have to look into the household duties since you have already proved yourself incapable of handling them. That combined with the baby's arrival means it will be a long time before Payal can undertake any financial responsibility. Ideally, it's your duty as the oldest sibling to contribute to the household income. If you can't do that, atleast lessen the burden on Aakash and take care of your own expenses.