ASR or Arnavji

ArShi Room

Khushi: Arnavji, as per the contract...

Arnav: I know what is written, I'm the one who finalised it. But as I said downstairs, it's very late. Go to sleep. Our baby needs rest. We will talk tomorrow.

Khushi: I'm not sleepy.

Arnav: But you are tired - physically and emotionally. (Adding in a husky tone) and I don't like to see my Khushi like this.

Khushi was getting lost in his caramel eyes.

Arnav: Can we please forget everything for the time being and go to bed instead. You will also be able to think with a clear mind if you actually want to go through with the contract. Tomorrow will be a long day and you and the baby both need to be well-rested.

While talking to Khushi, Arnav had already picked her up in his arms. He carefully placed her on the bed, freeing his collar from her hand. Khushi who was staring at him all this while got jerked back to reality hearing the word baby. All the arguments came back to her and she opened her mouth to protest but Arnav was quicker.

Arnav: Khushi, this is our last night here like this. Can I please soak in all the memories - good and bad, just for tonight? I need this to help me get through tomorrow and years to come.

Khushi saw how vulnerable he was and realized that everything else could obviously wait. When had she ever been able to resist this side of him? She gave in and slept snuggling against his chest. Arnav was awake for a while, admiring the sleeping angel in his arms. He knew her resolve had started to crumble and tomorrow he would strike the final blow. She will be hurt and he hated being the one to hurt her again but she needed to understand. With these thoughts, he soon drifted to sleep.

The next day morning

ArShi had a heart-to-heart talk that left Khushi in tears. It pained Arnav to go ahead and make this tough call but he knew this was the only way.

Arnav: If you have finished packing your bags let's go down and convey the news to everyone.

Khushi: You go. I need some time to come to terms with the fact that some of my dreams for my baby may not be fulfilled.

Arnav: OUR baby. And sweetheart, I'll fulfil all your other dreams - please trust me one last time. I'll wait for you. Take your time but we will go down together.

Shantivan Drawing Room

Everyone was eagerly waiting for ArShi to join them. They knew by now Arnav must've convinced Khushi. The Raizada doll - Anjali would finally be happy. Their faces lit up when they spotted the couple. However, seeing the Prakash brothers following Khushi with suitcases left them confounded. The manipulative shrew got worried seeing "her" baby leaving the house and put forth her dim-witted question.

Anjali: Khushiji, are you going somewhere?

Arnav: No. She thought of packing her stuff in suitcases, getting HP to parade them around the house and after a few hours, to unpack them again. You see, she was really bored as has no work at home. All she does is rest all day as you look after the household responsibilities. Actually wait, you don't - because you are not capable of doing anything properly, right?

Anjali (on the verge of crying): I just asked a simple question. Why are you being so rude?

Arnav: Because you don't seem to listen when people talk to you politely. Because you are so self-centered that I'm ashamed to be associated with you. Because nothing is ever simple when it concerns you. Yesterday also you made a "simple request". What did you think you were asking for? A toy or some new jewellery which had caught your fancy? Do you even comprehend what you asked for was my life, my baby, my Khushi's baby? How could you, MISS ANJALI RAIZADA.

Nani: ARNAV! Is this any way to talk? Don't forget, she is your sister.

Arnav: I am not the one who has forgotten our relation - that's the only reason I'm still talking. If it had been anyone else in her place who had dared to hurt my family, they wouldn't even be in a condition to talk.

Nani: Your family? Aren't we all one family?

Arnav: I was living under the same misconception. Not any longer. Now I have no doubt that you all are just Anjali's family. If you all cared about me as well, you wouldn't have thought of taking my child away from me just to fulfil your daughter's baseless and never-ending tantrums. After seeing Anjali being miserable after her miscarriage, for which, by the way, she is equally responsible, you still wanted to put my Khushi through the pain. You know that it kills me to see Khushi upset but that didn't deter you in the slightest. And you still claim to be my family. Neither are you my family nor is this my home.

Everyone was flabbergasted with the outburst, especially hearing him hold Anjali partly responsible for that unfortunate incident. Anjali began her sobbing as usual with Mami consoling her. Nani too was shaken by these accusations. There was no defense for her actions but she wanted to prevent her family from splitting. In desperation, she turned to the one person who could be their savior. Proceeding with caution she approached Khushi.

Nani: Khushi betiyan...

Arnav: Don't. Even. Try. You have lost the right to talk to my wife.

Khushi saw him curling his fist and tried to calm him down. Lightly touching his arm, she whispered.

Khushi: Arnavji

Arnav: No Khushi. No. I didn't say a word yesterday and you know how torturous that was for me. But no one can stop me today, not even you.

Aakash: That means, you think that Khushiji is right? We assumed you were silent because you agreed with us.

Arnav: Aakash, unlike you I wouldn't hide my cowardice behind my silence. If I agreed with your rubbish thinking, I wouldn't have needed anyone else to make my case. I would have dealt with the situation alone. There's a difference between being shy and being spineless and you very well know what you are. The only reason I kept quiet is because I was forced to do so - by my wife.

Anjali: I never knew someone could force the great ASR. Looks like Khushiji has you wrapped around her little finger. No wonder today you are singing her tunes and she's even brainwashed you into leaving the house.

Arnav: You're right. ASR writes his destiny but today, the one standing before you is Khushi's Arnavji. And we are not only leaving the house but also cutting our relations with you. However, you got one thing wrong - I'm the one who convinced her to take this step and what a task it was.

With that Arnav dropped the second bomb and the Raizadas were confounded. They assumed it was Khushi's decision due to the "discussion" that took place last night and Khushi could always be pacified. But knowing that it was Arnav's call to leave the house, got them worried. He was not one to change his mind so easily. Nani still tried her luck at the impossible.

Nani: Please don't take such a rash decision. I've already lost so much in life, I can't lose you too.

Arnav (feeling slight pity seeing her frail state, softened his tone): Nani, I'm grateful for all that you have done for me but if I stay even a day longer, I will lose my Khushi and you of all people should know that I can't live without her.

Nani: What happened to Khushi betiyan?

Arnav (in a calm but dejected voice): Nani, the fact that you don't even know what has happened to her itself speaks volumes. So, it's better if you don't call her betiyan. Leave that moniker for the only one you consider your own. If you truly loved Khushi even half as much as you claim to, you would've noticed how much she has changed in the last month. She is embarking on a new journey - and for someone who loves kids, this should've been reason enough for a permanent smile on her face. However, her motherhood has filled her with dread, desperation and broken dreams and it's ALL BECAUSE OF YOU PEOPLE.

To be continued

How many of you all expected this twist? Like it/Hate it?

Arnav doesn't seem so bad now, does he?