Chapter 5 (Draco)

Start from the beginning

He grimaced while his fingers lightly grazed over the scar on Granger's forearm when pulling her arm through the sleeves of his shirt. He had been the unwilling assailant and victim of this curse many times. 

After quickly placing her legs properly in the pajama bottoms and lifting the material to cover her bum, his mind thought back to her jumping off the bloody tower.

To say he was surprised she could be influenced so strongly by the imperius curse was an understatement. Only the weakest or shallowest of minds could be bended unless done so by a powerful wizard such as the Dark Lord. But if she had had some of the punch... her mind would have been more amenable...

But this didn't seem right either. He had given her a glass of water and from the few times he glanced over while dancing with Luna, she had consumed nothing else unless... 

His eyebrows furrowed together. A simple spell could have done the trick. Did Blaise spike her drink? Draco remembered seeing him take a drink of her water because of the charming scowl that graced her face when he had done so. But for him to have cursed her and influenced Granger to jump off the astronomy tower didn't make sense. What was there for Blaise to gain from this? 

He had been in a foul mood with Blaise all night due to the innuendos he had been muttering all night under his breath. 

"I wouldn't mind if I'd Slytherin to her Chambers."

"Would she moan for me like Myrtle?"

"Maybe she'll let me visit her Restricted Section."

Draco knew he was taking a piss, as best mates do, but it didn't mean he wanted to hear Blaise fantasize about shagging the witch. He had also been doing his best to not think of her in this way.

He couldn't have these thoughts. Their differences in blood status forbade it. 

Pulling the green comforter over her body, he stared far too long at her face. Her bottom lip had jutted out in her sleep and only reminded him of the strange urge he had when walking with her to the ball. He angerly pushed this aside, perhaps Draco needed to distance himself further. He threw his own shirt carelessly into a chair and changed into his pajama bottoms before he started towards the door, but a whimper stopped him in his tracks. 

Granger had curled into a ball, her body shaking like a leaf and her lips trembling. 

He shook his head. It was a nightmare, one that would pass without his assistance, but as he turned the handle, a soft cry of "please" was heard. 

Draco looked back. She was still asleep, but whimpering softly. He sighed and cautiously made his way back to Granger. He bit his inner cheek when he laid down next to her and lightly rubbed her back, hoping to soothe her from the dreams. 

A quiet sigh escaped Granger's lips, the trembling lessening. She slowly turned towards him, and nuzzled herself into his side; her breath tickling his neck and a small curled fist now on top of his bare chest. There was plenty of time to move away, but not even Merlin would know why he hadn't. He hesitated before running his lithe fingers through her curls and felt her mouth curl into a small smile at his gesture.

His heart was pounding out of his chest, as if sensing the betrayal. This was wrong, this was wrong, this was wrong...

Years of engrained hatred for muggles and muggleborns flooded his mind - the lectures of their impurities staining the wizarding world - but her blood flowed red as the next witch. He would know.

She was anything but impure. Granger was innocent. Brave. Intelligent. Stunning

There were impulses he wouldn't have dreamed of having, especially with the likes of her. Draco carefully shifted his head and lightly kissed her forehead, earning a gentle sigh against his neck in return.