Chapter 5 (Draco)

She jumped.

Malfoy didn't think - he jumped over the banister after her. 

He reached for his wand as rain and wind whipped past his face. 

"Arresto Momentum!"

Time itself seemed to slow when he heard the soft thud of Hermione hitting the ground. His breath caught in his throat. Had he been too late? 

He impatiently waved away the spell when he was close enough to jump without breaking his legs and ran to the silhouette of the Gryffindor. He breathed a sigh of relief to see signs of life, her chest lifting and falling slowly. Her dress was torn and there were a few scratches to her porcelain cheeks but she was alive.

Draco gently picked up her unconscious form off the ground. Her dress stuck to her like a second skin and the water glistened on the valley of her breasts, but he firmly pushed any thoughts away. She was unconscious, now was definitely not the time. 

He jogged back to the castle and managed to breach the main entrance. Was there really no one guarding the door? Where were the Aurors?

Just as the portraits had when he and Granger left for the ball, their eyes followed with curiosity and alarm as he made his way back to their dormitory. He could only imagine the sight: he, an ex-Deatheater, carrying a pale unconscious war heroine through the corridors. 

"Lemon pops," he spit out, and quickly ducked into their common room. 

He wasn't really thinking when he carried her to his room - the common room or her bedroom would seem more logical - and laid her carefully on the bed. "Exaresco," he murmured, waving his wand at Granger and himself. 

Her lips that had begun to turn a light blue were slowly changing back to a rosy pink when he dried themselves with the Hot Air Charm. When he looked down at her face, he realized why he had unconsciously chose not to bring her to the infirmary: the black shadows under her eyes. 

The shadows were a familiar side-effect Draco knew to one of the Unforgiveables: the Imperius Curse. A curse he had seen performed many times during the war at Malfoy Manor. His Aunt Bellatrix enjoyed gloating to her imperiused victims what atrocious actions they had done under her spell before killing them. The shadows always appeared the second the curse was lifted. 

It was the only logical explanation he could think of on why Granger would jump off the Astronomy Tower and have such a blank expression before doing so. Draco hadn't noticed anyone else on the tower, but hadn't looked around for very long before she had declared she was going to fly. 

He bit back a groan when she shifted to her side on the bed, now seeming to be asleep rather than unconscious. The appealing slit in her dress had pulled away more so revealing a section of her bum, the green lace of her knickers just visible. 

Draco cleared his dry throat as he felt a twitch in his trousers. He couldn't be thinking this way, especially not of a Muggleborn. Befriending part of the golden trio was a way to redeem his family name, but it was something different to feel more...

Before his imagination could go awry, he pointed his wand at his dresser. "Accio."

A white top and black silky pajama bottoms flew to his arms, neatly folded. He took a deep breath. "Let's get this over with," he murmured. 

He was a gentleman of course, even if his thoughts betrayed him when he gently pulled the shirt over her head and dress. Draco was relieved it reached her mid-thigh so he could wave away her ripped dress with his wand without violating the woman further while unconscious. He already felt like a bellend with his intruding thoughts.