"Okay, um," Natalie took a breath, not liking the way her day started. "I thought that maybe we could go out for dinner tonight? I know I haven't been home much lately and I don't like that I am leaving you alone so many hours and I am sorry-"

"Mom, it's fine, you don't have to apologise. We can have dinner tonight." Amber reassured her as the set the table for their breakfast. Natalie put the omelette in front of Amber's seat, adding some pancakes next. Amber sat down and started eating as Natalie only poured more coffee on the mug. Amber made a face at her mom. "Your breakfast is going to be only coffee? Okay, eat something. You're supposed to be the adult. Jesus, mom."

Sometimes you don't need much to describe a person. And Natalie's addiction to coffee seemed just the right thing to describe her to someone who didn't know her. That and the fact that she never accepted any crap from anyone, not matter who they were.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

That day the paramedics had brought in a premature newborn in the hospital that was found in a trash can at a high school. The same high school Amber had started going at. Addison had been working on the case, and when she was ready to go talk to the girls that had found the baby, she was surprised to see her new friend's daughter there. Not many people had met Amber in the hospital, but Addison was one of them. Amber was out of luck that morning. Not only Addison was about to see her involved in the situation. But she was caught up in the middle of this with three other girls she didn't even know. And there was nothing she could do.

Addison walked in on the teenagers and their parents, who were bickering to each other. Amber was sitting there looking around terrified that her mother was going to pass by any minute. And her fears were bigger as she saw Addison. "Amber?" Addison questioned.

"Please don't page my mom." Amber whispered, but her voice got lost as the parents continued fighting. 

"Shannon gets straight A's." A mother argued. 

"So what my daughter gets a B in math and suddenly she's birthing babies in toilet stalls?" Another girl's father said back.

"I'm Dr. Montgomery-Shepherd." Addison greeted them. "I've been treating the newborn. He has an emergent blood condition. And I need to know whose baby it is I'm dealing with."

"We'd all like to know that. Sarah, talk." Sarah's mother ordered her daughter.

"I don't know anything about any baby, mom."

"Well one of you must know something, otherwise you wouldn't be here." Addison pointed out.

One of the mothers sighed before starting to speak. "Look, Our girls... the principal said they were the last people in the bathroom before the baby was found. So we just thought, before the police show up..."

"One of you knows and you better confess. I don't want my Lisa messed up in this. The police will be here soon. Can't you just do some sort of DNA test so the rest of us can get out of here?" Someone else added. 

"DNA results take days and frankly I'm not concerned with the rest of you out of here. If this baby isn't treated, he's going to die. Now I can do vaginal exams on each of the girls..."

A mother interrupted Addison at the suggestion. "My daughter is 14 years old. She's not sexually active. And I won't have you violating her body."

But someone else found that the only solution. "You won't have it cause you know it's your kid. Listen you have my consent to do whatever it takes to prove my Lisa's innocence."