Chapter 47

My eyes immediately pricked with water as my hand accidentally folded on the guitar bag behind him. Maybe I hugged him too rush that instead of feeling elated that I finally saw him after so many days, his warmth slowly creeping my cold skin, I winced in pain.

"Dahan-dahan." Hayme murmured and plant a kiss on my head. "I miss you. Sobra."

Kinurot ko siya at mas lalong nanginig habang nasa harapan nito. If I hadn't come down, will we see each other tonight? Especially we're not talking to each other? He wouldn't call me, or he wouldn't still answer my calls. It's a blessing for me to think that maybe someone can probably go barge in.

"Saan ka galing?" it's muffled. My mouth buried on his cold sweater. I can't see his face thoroughly, his gray hood didn't even help to illuminate his dapper face that is fully obscured by the lack of lightings around.

No answer. He's just silently caressing my back or when he does, it's always 'I really miss you,' or incessant 'I love yous'. "Umuwi ka na. Anong oras na o?"

"Pinapaalis mo na ako?"

"It's not that. Look at the time." surprisingly, I'm still wearing a watch. "Matutulog na sana ako, I just checked the house."

"Puwedeng mamaya na lang?" he begs. "We'll go somewhere. Kahit five minutes lang tayong mawala. Please?"

Don't say that. Don't... make me remember what I did to make you beg for something like that. "S-sure. Dala mo motor mo?"

Nodding, he jerks his head behind. "I-lock ko lang saglit, kukuha ako ng jacket."

Of course, he offered his but I declined. I stopped midway entering, trying to figure out his face. Isn't it... is amusing that you can always find comfort to anyone even with the absence of their faces? He's back facing me, body slowly swaying and the bag behind him almost giving me a rock member band vibes.

Hayme extended my helmet and we set off. Tahimik lang kami habang binabaybay ang daan kung saan man kami mapunta. Minutes later, he stopped in front a closed gate of some park. "W-why..."

"Tara?" I can't still see his face. Why that hood so fucking big?

The whole place is eerie. Parang anytime may biglang tatakbo na bata sa harapan namin. Yhe first half of it is playground, Hayme puts us on the boundary between the playground and almost small forest on the last half.

Napahinga ako nang maluwag dahil may ilaw na sa banda namin. There's really no hint of people around, the fountain with an angel illuminating on top is swishing small drops of water. Well, I didn't know this fountain is already the boundary itself.

A small wooden bench is beside of it. He made me sit down and I thought he's doing the same but after I did it, he trudged for a couple of meters away. Again, his back only facing me, the bag he's carrying leaning on my right.

"May nangyari ba?" I tried to make my voice won't shiver in creep and in fear.

No answer.

I sigh and just focus my attention to other things. I watch as the red ant help the black one carry what he's carrying. They look like friends at all, helping each other. We're not ants but it's like Weslee and I.

"Hey!"

Hayme jumped in front. Tila ba gumuho ang mundo ko because the place where they are working is now stepped by his flip-flops.

"Bakit?"

Namuo ang mga luha sa mata ko. Seriously, this things is making me antsy and paranoid. I shake the thought away and look up. I almost cheer as I finally saw his face.