Chapter 45

UW still sucks.

Kanina pa ako tinatawanan ng kasama dahil kanina pa rin ako nagkukumpara sa dalawang school na umiikot sa isipan ko. Caxlese has now hired some foreign architects and now working with a new building. The empty lot just beside the left wing of the entirety of school is now bought by the Academy and now under construction.

"Good thing Caxlese has plans to dethrone that university," I murmured.

Hayme pinched my sides, "Sobrang hate mo ang UW, ah? Anong ginawa nila sa'yo?"

Even Inton heard it and innocently laughed at us. Sinamaan ko siya ng tingin. "Superiority. They've been like that since then. Acting like they are the oldest university."

"RST is the oldest university in this country, though."

"Exactly. But they are claiming it, with no shame, they are the one." I pat his shoulder, aggressively. "And it's not just that! They rejected all credentials of Weslee when he planned to enroll there! See! Sama ng ugali!"

"Mukhang mas affected ka pa sa kabigan mo, ah?" he chuckles. "Hindi ba dapat thankful ka with their rejection? He ended up in the same as you."

"That wouldn't suffice me though." I shut up as soon as we enter the familiar gymnasium. Surely Hayme will brag about it and continue to ask me why I entirely despise that particular university. Ha. I don't want to think about it.

The images of their students were enough to send me in one of the familiar bathrooms in here.

As usual, the area is already crowded. We're eleven minutes early than the alloted time of everyone's arrival. But that didn't bar us to have enough seat capacity. Since I am the one who, also, graduated here, ako na ang nagsuggest kung saan kami uupo.

"Kayo po muna," sabay bigay ng daan at lahad ng kamay para makatalon sa matatas na bleachers sina Tito at Tita. Tita thanked me for guiding her and Tito just smiled a little.

Although I never had the chance to know why he suddenly went cold towards me noong inalok sa akin ni Hayme 'yung position niya, it's fine. As long as the stares were now extinguished. And he looks like he's now fond of me. Again.

Wala si Hayme sa likuran ko. Found him together with the graduating students. Inton is, obviously, exasperated as Hayme told him about his neck tie again. Kanina pa sila nagbabangayan, Hayme bought the tie even though he knows already Inton won't like it. Pulang-pula na ang mukha nila, Hayme in laughing, Inton in irritation.

"Upo ka na hijo." si Tito.

Nodding my head, pumwesto ako sa kaliwa ni Tito. My choice of bleacher is just perfect, angle to the stage is not blocked by the posts supporting the roof of this gymnasium. Aside from it is that Tito and Tita can see their sons clearly this side.

I wander my eyes around, admiring the white-themed decorations around us. Stage is decorated with white curtains, there's writing of congratulations to all the graduates drawn on a styro foam, a woodem podium on the right of the stage. Stacks of chairs assembled in the middle of the area. On the bleachers are all the parents or guardians of every graduation.

Hayme dashed through our place, panting. Under his right sleeve is soaked with sweat. "Mainit." aniya. He wipes his forehead with the towel I gave.

"Bubuksan na rin mamaya 'yung aircon." truth to my words, bumugso ang lamig kasabay ng pag-akyat ng isa sa mga teachers ng elementary department.

Hayme snaked his arms around me before settling himself comfortably on our seat. Just minutes passed, the whole place was packed with people and the program commenced.