Chapter-32 Pain

Serena POV

My head felt so heavy when I gained consciousness. My body felt heavy. Pain erupted through my sides. I was in a room. Dark room. A lamp hung above my head and the corners were engulfed in darkness. Darkness where monsters reside. I could feel his eyes. I stared through the darkness until he stepped forward.

"At last our princess is awake." My stomach hurled hearing the voice of the person I once trusted and believed. My uncle. He stood there, with a glass of drink. His eyes were red and maniac. Full-on crazy.

My mouth was tapped making me groan as I tried to talk back. I glared at him, he smirked.

"You don't seem to be happy to see your Uncle, Serena." He chuckled darkly. Stalking towards me.

"And your dear husband. I am sorry. I am sorry to not kill him perfectly that day itself. I should've known." He stated as he moved around. I tried to free my hands from the ropes but failed miserably. My hands felt so limp and weak.

"You can scream for help but no one will be there to help you." Maxim said, removing the tape. I spit on his face as soon as the tape was off my lips.

"You motherfucker!" I yelled furiously, as I pulled my arms, the rope cutting the skin on my wrist.

"Shut up!" Maxim roared, His hand come down to my right cheek. Pain exploded, the taste of blood filled my mouth.

"You killed them. You fucking did! Why?! We were happy! We lived far away from this shit! He was your brother! Your blood!" I screamed as tears welled up in my eyes.

"He was not my brother. He was my boss. He always was my boss. No kindness. He left me to die when I was trapped in the fire years ago." Maxim spat out those words furiously.

"You are alive, aren't you?!" I snap, venom-filled my words.

"With half of my body burnt! No brother. No love. No family. No friends. Power helps you heal. You hear me?! Power." Maxim gripped my chin and forced me to look up. I glared at him. My jaw clenched.

"M-My sister was innocent. She didn't d-deserve that." I pushed those broken words lowly. He froze. He backed away, dropping my face as if it burnt him.

"Emily was a fucking mistake. She was supposed to be shot." Maxim's voice shook but his eyes roamed around as if he was searching for something.

"You are sick, in your head." I whispered when his eyes rolled around.

"Your dad stole my love. He took my world. He took the throne. He took everything. He was always above me. Pitying me. That bastard can't have power and love together." Maxim laughed evilly. I tried to loosen the knots. Stole his love?!

"My mom?! She loved my dad." I spat.

"No! She would've loved me if Vladimir didn't ask for her hand." Maxim growled.

"Never." I snarled. He walked away.

"Viktor!" He called out. That nuisance of a human being can in smiling in victory.

"Trust me, If you were in my hand, I would fucking tear you limb by limb." I said dangerously.

"Oh my god, I am so scared!" Viktor let out a girly cream, mocking me.

"Such a waste of time." Maxim shook his head as he took out a knife. I held an emotionless face. My eyes dried up. He whispered to Viktor something before turning to me.

"Don't worry, you will reunite with your family soon. No generation of that bastard should be alive. " Maxim said as he swung the knife to my arm. I bit my lower lip as I swallowed my screams. I will rather die than satisfy him with my screams. The blade pierced through my skin as blood flowed out of the open wound. More cuts followed. I would bleed to death in a few hours for sure and I can't allow it. Not when I found a reason to fight for. Live for.