Chapter - 20 Anger

Nixon POV

I groaned as I buried my face in my hands. The party was fucked up. Salvatore died. He was fucking shot between his eyes. I knew who it was. Maxim. That Bastardo.

"Sir, you need to eat." I heard a small, weak feminine voice. I looked up to see Bailey, my 60-year old maid. Who watched me grow up. She smiled at me kindly.

"No." Her face fell but she didn't utter a word as she stood beside. She came to visit Serena. She was meeting her for the first time.

The hospital was in dead silence. My guards stood around with their guns. Every soul passing by paled at our presence, scared to death.

"She is strong." Bailey assured me.

Serena is.

I took in a deep breath as I got up and looked through the glass door. She laid there peacefully. Like a fucking angel from heaven. Her dark hair was placed neatly on the white pillow. Her face paler than before.

When I heard the gunshot all I could look was for Serena. I needed her safe. Then Aurora entered running to her brother. Few were killed. Salvatore included. He was one important person whom I was to keep alive.

"She will be alright. Welcome." My jaw clenched at the familiar voice.

"What were you doing there?" I asked turning to Savio.

"I needed to remind you of my presence." He smirked. He saved Serena. That was the only thing keeping him alive.

When he came into the room with an unconscious Serena in his arms, I lost it. I lost my mind. She was drenched and bleeding. A bullet buried in her arm.

"She could've died." My palm fisted. I should have protected her.

Fuck!

The doctor came out of his room, with reports. I strode to him, my fingers fisted his collar slamming him to the wall. My breathing ragged as I glared that fucker down.

"How is she?" I asked. The doctor shook in fear. Sweat forming. He better bring her back to me.

"W-We are trying." He stuttered.

"Try harder. If something happens to her then I will fucking skin you alive. That is a promise Dr..." I looked done at his badge. "Mike." I slammed his head to the wall before leaving him.

It has been a whole day. She has not moved. A whole day after the doctors gave her treatment. A beeping sound echoed in the silent room. Nurses rushed in and adjusted the measure and left without looking at us.

"I need to go." Savio stated as he put on his suit coat. My eyes never leaving the sleeping figure of my wife.

"Get lost." I muttered as I ran my hand through my hair, looking at my wife. She looked so fragile.

"Do I have to meet you again?" He asked with humour.

"If you want to die." I said. He smirked as he raised in hands in surrender, walking away.

I opened the door and slipped in. The air was ice cool. Serena looked less pale. I sat beside her. Her long eyelashes rested against her smooth cheeks. I tugged her hair behind her ear and stared at her. My big bad hands felt so right yet wrong for her.

"I am so sorry. I should've never left your side." I whispered.

I took her hand, linking our fingers as felt the minutes pass by as I waited for her. It was the first time I noticed how angelic she looked. She didn't look like someone who killed people. She looked like a college girl, a girl who have a normal boyfriend and who enjoys parties and life.