Chapter Twenty-Two: War Room

"Jack, this is Airachnid." Kai introduced, gesturing to the much smaller femme, " 'Nid, this is this reality's Jackson Darby."

The white femme gave him a quick once-over and tilted her helm inquisitively. Upon completing her brief assessment, she offered a servo to the mech with a warm smile, "Salutations, Jackson."

Jack hesitated for a moment, memories of terror and running  flashed through his processor. He mentally shook it off, reminding himself that Kai's Airachnid was his alternate self's guardian. She couldn't be that bad. He gulped down his fear and managed to offer the femme a nervous smile. He shook her servo with his own, "Hi, it's- um, it's nice to meet you." The mech stuttered.

The truck could have sworn that there was a flash of pity in her compound optics, but she didn't press him for more information. Instead, she pulled her servo away and struck up a conversation, "So, what do you like to do in your spare time?" She glanced at the tires on her pedes, "The Jack from my reality enjoys a good 0-to-60 in 3.5 almost as much as I do." She smiled, "Though, I can't seem to get him to stop racing Vince with one of the Vehicons."

The human-turned-bot found himself grinning, "I used to ride with Arcee all the time." His expression turned sheepish, "Though, I did race Vince more than what I care to admit." The mech's light tone dropped when he realized, the sense of nostalgia fading away, "Of course, that was all before all..." He gestured to his navy blue frame, "This."

Airachnid quickly picked up on the sudden shift in his mood and switched to another subject, "So, how did you meet the Dece-, I mean, the Autobots?" Her tone, much to Kai's surprise, still retained her trademark kindness and warmth despite the fact that the Autobots were still murderers in her eyes. Kudos to you, 'Nid.

Leaving the two o their own devices, Kai observed the rest of the group. They were in an area open to the sky–presumably one of the flight decks-, but in the Decepticon Citadel, Darkmount. Kai figured that her Megatron didn't trust the Autobots enough to go straight to Iacon. Why would they? The Decepticons were a tight-knit crew, and anyone outside of their 'circle' was a potential enemy.

 The sheltered mentality only grew over time as the number of betrayals increased. Orion. MECH. Shovel. It seemed that no one could be trusted, but they held tight to their comrades.

The small rescue team had been told to 'get to know the others.' Kai's Megatron had gone into a meeting just a room away with his other self and Optimus. Starscream followed them, feeling the need to provide his leader with aid if needed. He didn't put it past the other 'Primes' to jump Megatron the first chance they got and slaughter the rest of the team once he was offlined. He only felt that Artemis was safe enough to be left behind because Predaking was there.

If Starscream was anything, he was pessimistic.

The others were otherwise associating with the other Autobots and two of the Decepticon officers. The latter were, for the most part, just watching in stunned silence.

Knockout was going around to check their vitals, his intake remaining tightly shut save for the few questions he asked. He seemed very unnerved at the sight of the newcomers. The discomfort was evident in his stuttering vocal processor, and the subtle nervousness while he examined Predaking. He only glared at Airachnid, though, and completely avoided her. Kai couldn't seem to figure out why.

Starscream, much to everyone's surprise, was standing against a wall and avoiding anyone's attempts to strike up a conversation with him. The flier seemed uncomfortable, his red optics flicking over the other inhabitants in the room. Kai could suppose that this is the quietest he's ever been in eons.