Chapter Fifteen

FIVE YEARS LATER

Regulus pulled weeds from the garden as he listened to the sounds of his daughters laughter. The life he'd lucked into, he always thanked the higher power or whoever let him be this lucky. He patted the dirt around the flowers and moved to the next.

He learned to work and not live a luxurious life. He liked it better this way.

"Hello." He heard his daughter speak and he believed it to be some game she was playing.

"Hello." A familiar voice spoke but it still shocked him causing him to jump up and spin to look at the visitors.

Only it wasn't just one. It was three boys, a women and a child. James, Lily, their child, along with Remus and Sirius.

"Hey Reg." Sirius smiled.

"Hey." Sirius smiled at his brother and received a matching one.

The brothers shared a hug and it was a long time coming. Something they both had waited for. "The wars over I suppose?" Regulus asked.

"Indeed." Lily nodded with her own smile.

"Daddy! Mommy said breakfast is ready." Another small girl yelled from the door way.

"Alright, tell her we will be right in."

The little girl nodded and ran off, leaving the door open.

"Daddy? Who are these people?"

"Your aunts and uncles." Regulus replied. "And little cousin I suppose.

"Hi! I'm Linnea and I'm this many." She held up four fingers. "That's four."

They all smiled back at the small girl. "Come on you let's head inside." Regulus picked her up and gestured the rest to follow.

They walked into the house and saw a colour explosion which made sense for a house belonging to Ellery but somehow it all worked. They made their way to the kitchen to find the other small girl seated at the table and eating. And Ellery stood with her back facing them all with a small boy in her ands as his head rested on her shoulder.

"Love, people are here to see you." Regulus smirked as he sat Linnea beside her sister.

Ellery turned and gasped at the sight running to her brother and gave him the biggest hug she could manage. "I missed you!" Elle smiled.

"Missed you to Ellie." James smiled. "Now who are all these kids? I want to know my nieces and nephews."

Elle chuckled but introduced her three children. "That's Linnea Euphemia Black, after mom. Then there's Faye Ellery Black, after me. And this is Noah James Sirius Black after our brothers." Elle smiled. "We want more kids and I plan on naming the next boy after dad."

"They're all great names." Remus nodded as he sat down next to the two girls and stole their toast causing them to giggle.

"Who's that little one?" Ellery asked and then looked to her brother.

"Harry James Potter."

"Of course he's named after you."

"You named Faye after you!" James fired back.

"So what?"

"You do realize your twenty one years old with three kids right."

"I'm well aware thanks."

The sibling banter continued but eventually stopped. They all talked and caught up on the past few years. They talked about the war and learned that Voldemort was murdered and gone for good.

Ellery and Regulus had decided to move back just like they always planned to do and would begin the process shortly. Their lives would be normal and they would get to grow up with family.

And as time went on they would realize their love was never truly forbidden. As something forbidden is normally apart but they stayed together and survived it. They stayed true to their hearts and would be able to tell their story to their children when they were older. They didn't run from everything, they ran too something and they would never regret it.