Chapter Seven

Being home was different for Elle this time. Normally she loved it, especially in the Christmas time but it wasn't that exciting when Regulus wasn't there to spend it with her. Ellery sat on the couch and read as James talked for hours about what him and his friends did and how he's almost got Lily.

"What did you do this year Elle?" Euphemia asked her younger daughter.

"I'm quite curious myself." James said crossing his arms.

"I just, made a new friend from my house, h-she's really great."

All three family members started smiling. Sirius came through the door, he always goes with Remus on the first day and then comes home.

"Would it be okay if I went over to her house tomorrow for a couple of days? I'll be home for Christmas Eve, I promise."

"Sure Elle."

Elle didn't know where that came from or why she asked. She didn't have a friend from Hufflepuff, she only had Regulus and she knew if she showed up she'd have to make the Blacks like her.

She was pure blood but in Hufflepuff and they would see her as a traitor right away, she had to make them believe she was on their side and believed in what they did, even if it was all a lie. But Elle was becoming good with lies, and every time it was for Regulus.

Because, she loved him too.

~~~

Elle stood outside number twelve Grimwauld place and she felt nerves run through her. She had a small bag beside her, her mother had charmed to make bigger. She quickly straightened her clothing before knocking.

"Hello, who might you be?" An older but beautiful women asked.

"My names Ellery, I've come to see Regulus if that's alright."

"What businesses you have with my son?" She asked.

Time for the biggest lie of the century. "He's my friend back at school, he said he could help me get away from my family. They're on Dumbledores side of things and I don't believe in the words they speak."

"Understandable..." Mrs. Black nods. "Come in."

Elle followed feeling horrible but she just wanted to see Regulus. "So, you believe in the dark lords ways?"

"Of course, all pure bloods should, no matter their house." Elle spoke.

"Truer words could never be spoken." She agreed and sat down across from her. "Whats your full name child?"

"Ellery... Potter." She looked down at her last name for two reasons, to make it seem like she was ashamed and because she really was ashamed by all the lies. She loved her family to death and would never believe in what the dark lord was doing.

"Chin up. There's nothing we can do about family we're born from but it's what we do when we figure out life for ourselves. And you my dear, have good morals." The women speaks and her voice alone sends chills down my spine.

Mr. Black comes through and joins in on the conversation. He's even more frightening than their mother. But for some reason the two are feeding away at her lies and end up offering her a home and a life at Grimwauld. Elle just nods at everything she says but tells them how she's forced to spend Christmas at home.

"Regulus!" Orion calls down. Elle hopes he's not mad that she's here.

Regulus walks down and the moment he meets her eyes his go wide and he becomes protective. He looks to his parents who have smiles and he sees Elles hands shaking. He slowly walks over and sits as close as he can to Ellery without rising suspicions.

"Why didn't you tell us you had such a lovely friend." Mrs. Black asks.

"I don't know, must have forgotten to mention it."

"She's going to stay with us for a few days, she's more than welcome to stay with you. We would be so happy if she ends up being your wife some day."

Elle chokes on nothing and Regulus gets a small smirk on his face. Whatever she said she had done something right and Regulus thought she should be in Ravenclaw for fooling his parents. But that wouldn't stop the fear he had for her being here.

"Why not you take her upstairs and you can come down later for dinner?" Orion asks.

Regulus gets up and holds out a hand to Elle, pulling her all the way to his room in silence. When they get to his room Regulus immediately starts with the questions.

"What are you doing?"

"I wanted to see you."

"My parents could have killed you."

"I don't care."

Regulus runs his hands through his hair in frustration. "I would have! This is not some joke Elle! You could have died and I need you! I fucking need you and I hate that I rely on you so much already but I do, because I... I love you and..."

"Shhh." Elle soothes as she walks over and hugs him while rubbing his back to calm him. "I love you to and I just wanted to be with you, I'm sorry."

Regulus melted at her words and fell deeper into the hug, holding her and never wanting to let go. "Will you be my girlfriend?" Regulus's voice was muffled but she could hear completely fine and she let the biggest smile of her life form onto her face.

"Yeah... I will."