Chapter One

Ellery paced back and forth in the astronomy tower as she contemplated her next move. There were a few options but none jumped out at her. She hated her life. She hated the thoughts that consumed her brain. She just wanted to be able to silence it all. She wanted to sleep peacefully without being awakened.

Being an insomniac was something she wished could be healed.

Ellery walked over to the deck area and put her hands on the cold railing looking up at the stars and the moon. She wished she could fly and touch them or see them in front of her but that wasn't realistic.

Deep breaths where made as she tried her best to steady her heart rate. All she wanted was sleep but that was something rare that only came when she felt completely safe.

"Hello." A soft voice spoke from behind her.

Her stomach dropped in her chest and she spun around with a gasp escaping her lips. Regulus Black stood in front of her. A boy she was told to stay away from but always found interesting.

"Regulus Black." She smiled her bright happy smile she seemed to give everyone. It was a smile that everyone wanted to be given because it was so simple yet it meant everything to the receiving person.

"Ellery Potter." Regulus smiled back unable to contain it at the sight of hers. "What are you doing awake."

"Can't sleep." She could never sleep.

"I get it, sixth year is biting my ass." Regulus answered with a low chuckle.

"There you are." Ellery pointed to the sky at the Regulus star.

He didn't follow where she was pointing, he just looked straight at her and how her eyes where sparkling from the stars and her skin was fair and soft. She was gorgeous and in every way the definition of perfection.

And Regulus knew he would never be good enough for the girl no matter the circumstances. He believed himself to be too bruised and broken.

But everyone has baggage and everyone's a little broken even if they come from happy family's that give you kisses on the cheek before bed. There's still a whole world of people out there and everyone is looking out for themselves.

And if Regulus knew what she went through, he would not be so quick to judge her for being the girl who has the perfect life. Perfect. A words which meaning doesn't mean much.

"What are you don't here?" Ellery asked.

"Came to look at the stars." Not a lie, but a specific star seemed to catch his eye. The brightest one of them all.

"If you would like, we can sit together, I'm not going anywhere and I like company."

Regulus smiled and nodded at the girl.

"Aren't your friends going to worry about where you've gone in the middle of the night?"

"I don't have any real friends, just people who use me to get closer to my brother and his friends." Ellery looked down like the thought hurt her to talk about and Regulus didn't want to hurt the girl any more.

"Neither do I." Regulus shrugged.

"I could be your friend?" Ellery asked.

The two shared a smile as they looked into one another's eye. Their friendship may of been forbidden and they weren't aloud to be seen together for many reasons but that didn't mean they couldn't be out there for one another.

"Friends?" Regulus asked.

"Yes. We can meet here every night at midnight." Ellery gave him the biggest grin. "I mean only if you want, I mean I'm sure you have better things to do than come see me, like sleeping."

"Ellery, I'd love too." Regulus smirked at the girl.

"Great!" She exclaimed. "Call me Elle."

"Alright Elle, call me Reg."

The two kept looking into the others eyes, blue meeting grey and as much as they knew they weren't supposed to do this, neither wanted to go another night without the other.

Things that are forbidden seem to be better in the end unless your Romeo and Juliet, then it's a debate on better or worse.