Chapter Eight

Elle was woken up to the bright sun light and silent breathing of Regulus next to her. She used to be used to the cold when she woke up but know warmth consumed her and she seemed to find more as she snuggled into the side of him.

Regulus moved and let out a sigh, holding her closer. For a few moments it was silent as they both just enjoyed the company and the warmth until one broke it.

"When do you have to go home?" Regulus asked.

"A few hours. But I can come back on the twenty sixth until the day before we leave... if you want me too." Elle looked up to meet his eyes.

"I always want you with me but I don't think it's safe here." Regulus met her blue eyes and smiled at her.

Elle just rolled her eyes. "Nothing about this timeframe is safe. No matter where I go or what I choose, I won't be safe."

"Don't say that." Regulus shook his head.

"It's the truth. I stay with you and in this life we become a part of his side and have to do things neither of us want to do, but if you finally realize your better than me and leave me, I'll fight for the order with my brother and have to fight against you. Both sides are equally dangerous. There's no safe side Reg." Elle had sat up to look at him hip he leaned against the head board.

"What if we ran away."

"That's a dream Reg."

"I'm serious! We could go to the farm lands on the outskirts of England by the water and buy a small cottage and there would be nothing to stop us from safety or being happy."

"I don't know..."

"I know it's a lot but it wouldn't be forever. We could come back the minute the wars over. And it wouldn't be goodbye, it would be see you later. Just think about it."

"I will but... I don't think I'll ever be able to leave my family."

"I could be your family."

Elle looked at him and he looked back with Hope twinkling in his eyes. She really wanted to run away and let her mind stop racing and her stomach to calm down and let fear stay away. To actually be able to sleep every night.

"You already are."

~~~

Elle walked not her house feeling like she was betraying everyone. She loved her parents to death and her brother meant the world to her. She would always look up to her mother as a role model. Her dad would always be her visual of what a husband should be. And James was the first person she ever loved or trusted. He was her overprotective big brother that made her realize she deserved the world.

However, Elle was in love with Regulus and she wanted to spend the rest of her life with him. But the war was coming and they'd be forced to opposite sides and the only way they could truly be together was if the war ended or if they ran a way.

Elle had a decision to make. An important decision that would effect the rest of her life. A decision that would send her on a path for the rest of her life.

But for know she sat in the living room opening presents and basking in company and comfort of her family while opening presents. It just dawned on her that this could be her last Christmas with them and that made her enjoy it all more. Enjoy all the time they had more.