Chapter Thirteen

Ellery sat in her room writing letters to everyone and packing a bag of necessities. Regulus would be bringing money for them to live off of and she would buy things with it herself. She tidied her room and threw away anything she didn't want anyone to see. She was preparing and it felt odd to her but also freeing.

Her Letters.

Dear Mum and Dad,

I know this is sudden and strange and hard but it's something I needed to do. I fell in love, and I fell hard and I'm sorry but I couldn't live without him. Regulus Black was the first boy to ever make me feel truly loved and respected. And as you know he's being forced to become a death eater so he said either we run away or he stays and becomes the monster he's always been set up to become. I couldn't let him and I couldn't leave him in the end to be with someone else.

He's the one mom, like from the Disney movies James and I watched when we were young.

I just want you to know I will be okay and that this isn't good bye, we plan to come back after the war. I love you both so much, thank you for teaching me and loving me and protecting me. I can't wait to meet again.

Much love, Ellery Potter

Dear James,

Your probably pissed at me right now and I know a sorry won't cover it... maybe an explanation will?

I know you hate Regulus because he's bound to be a death eater but that's why we ran away, he said that if we ran together, somewhere safe during the war that he would never have to be that but if I didn't want to go, I could stay but he would have to become a monster and he'd leave me in the process.

Regulus Black is my Lily Evans.

I couldn't let that go. I'm in love with him and I will be for a long time. I'm sorry, I never wanted it to end like this, I wanted us to make up and for us to laugh together before I left. But this isn't goodbye, it's see you later.

And I WILL see you later.

And I love you so much James, your the best big brother any girl could ask for.

Your sister, Ellery

P.s. share this with Sirius and the rest of your friends if you so chose, they deserve an explanation as well, especially Sirius.

Elle sealed the letters and went down to the kitchen along with taking her backpack down that had an extension charm along and a weightless charm.

Only her mother sat in the kitchen with tea in her hands and a letter from she saw was from Regulus addressed to her. Elle dropped her own letters on the table and sat across from her mother with tea that had been made to her liking.

"Mum?"

"I understand Ellery. I get it, your in love and there's a war that can tear it up and spit it out. I'm okay with you leaving, I give you my blessing but I'm just upset I won't be there for so much of your life."

"You will be mom, you'll always be there. Because you taught me everything and that will always stay by me."

Euphemia let her lips tug in a smile. "I know you were planning on using that boys money but a women should never rely on a man... here."

She had given Ellery an envelope filled with money for Ireland and wizarding money.

"Thank you mum, I can't wait to see you again. I already miss you."

"I miss you too." Euphemia spoke as she got up and opened her arms. The sixteen year old jumped up and ran into the hug. "I love you my little girl."

"I love you mum."

"Its time for you to go, there's a cab outside waiting and it's already paid for."

Elle gave her one last hug and swapped I love you'd one more time before running off to Grimwauld place.

Euphemia threw out the letter from Regulus and left Ellery's letters on the table. They would be there in the morning for their family to find, and it would be hard at first but they would all learn to understand.