Chapter Twelve

The school year was coming to an end. Regulus was becoming more agitated due to him having to get the mark the day after coming home. And Ellery was terrified for him, she knew their plan needed to work.

Elle sat up in bed next to a still sleeping Regulus and walked into the bathroom to shower and get ready. Tomorrow was the last day of school and secretly, it was hers too as she planned on not finishing. If her parents knew they would be extremely pissed off.

The hot water fell down her back and this time it felt different, it was colder. All the thoughts of the past six years came rising back to her mind. Most people would be upset about leaving but Elle was the opposite. Her time here wasn't the best.

She made one friend in first year and they did everything together, she opened up to her and they bonded, but she moved to France in the summer and Elle never saw her again. Second year she was raped and alone. And from then to the beginning of sixth year she was alone and broken. But the minute she met Regulus, the pieces began to fit together.

Elle stood in front of the mirror in Regulus's clothes while she brushed her hair. He came in and began to brush his teeth. They were already acting like a married couple and they had on,y been together six months.

"Morning beautiful." Regulus said, kissing her on the cheek and then hoping in the shower.

"Good morning."

~~~

Before the last of their classes started they would walk as far as they could to the great hall be fore splitting off into separate directions. Only this time, their goodbye would be interrupted. Elle leaned in for a kiss and Regulus did the same while they still held hands.

"What the fuck!" An angered James shouted.

Elle pulled away and looked to see her brother storming over in her direction with an angered expression. Lily was trying to calm him down along with Peter. And Remus seemed to be talking Sirius into something.

"James, calm down please." Elle begged as she walked in front of Regulus who held onto her hand like it was the last.

"No! What the hell is going on!" James shouted again.

"He's my boyfriend."

James's whole expression changed from angry to a whole mix that she couldn't pick apart.

"You can't be with him."

"You don't get to decide that."

"You wanna bet?"

"That's like me telling you that you can't be with Lily!" Elle was losing her cool, tears we're starting to fall down her face.

"That's different Elle! He's not good enough for you."

"Seriously! Do you even hear yourself right now? You don't get to decide who I'm with! I love him and I don't give a shit about what you or anyone else thinks."

Elle have James one last look that said everything and then turned around and pulled Regulus with her. They both sat at the end of the Slytherin table together and ignored stares. They kissed in the hallways and held hands freely in class.

Regulus had wanted to be open the whole time but knew why they couldn't and today was a new beginning for not just them but a lot of reasons.

~~~

The next morning they said their goodbyes, made their promises and went their respective ways. Their was just one hope, one dream, one prayer... They would make it to Ireland.

Elle didn't talk to James the rest of the journey home, she just sat in the back with her arms crossed as she let her anger subside. She wanted to have a proper goodbye. But how would she do that when no one truly knew she was leaving.

Goodbye Letters.