IX

Eden
A few hours earlier...

I wanna get out of here. I need to escape this bullshit and I need to do it fast.
So far, from what I've seen, I'm being kept by human hunters.
They are hunters and that's all I know. I don't know if they have good intentions or bad but one thing I know for sure is that they're not very familiar with outside humans or whatever that means.
"So, what's it like in the human realm?"
Human realm?
I can't even wrap my head around the idea that I'm not in a normal reality.
"I don't know what you're talking about."
And that is the truth, but it seems as if this "human realm" is not here?
But thank God that the one who brought me here intervenes into the conversation.
"What Katie means is that, do you guys have advance technology?"
Katie nods, "Yeah, do you have have anything that's like...I don't know, futuristic?"
I then realize, they meant from where I come from which is the human realm. I can be so stupid at times.
I have noticed that these people don't have phones. No computers or anything that has a touch screen.
"Well—"
"Leave the poor girl alone," Darin intervenes the conversation.
Darin is also the guy who brought me here along with the girl.
He looks at her, "Eirene, what the fuck are you doing here? You have look out shift."
She rolls her eyes and groans, "Fuck you."
And gets up to leave.
Darin looks at me, "The commander wants to see you, new girl."
I gulp down the nerves and follow him.
It's better than staying here and talking to a bunch of nosy people.
"What's gonna happen to me?" I ask, still a bit scared of what will happen.
"Nothing really, we'll just try to contact a powerful faeries so they can open a portal that will probably take you back to your home."
I smile at that, "So when will I be able to do that?"
"That's the plan, my friend, but it's not set and ready. I can't give you a date and time but I can tell you that it will be sooner than you think."
Fuck me, this means I have to live here for the time being.
"Fuck," I breathe out.
I get up to follow him but still puzzled.
Open a portal? Faeries?
Why don't they go through the portal themselves too if they're human.
What kind of hunters are they? What do they hunt?

These questions were soon to be answered once I meet the commander.