Learning The Laws

Chapter 5- Learning Tehe Laws

Caleb's P.O.V.

     "So Caleb, are you ready to learn the laws of being a werewolf?" Jonas said in his flirtatious voice.

     "I just got up, can't it wait a few? Someone kept me up all night by having me train my wolf." I was able to mumble it, trying to fall back to sleep.

     "Sorry babe, but I'm afraid not. It's easier to learn them when you first wake up." Then Jonas just shoves a card into my face.

The card says:

1.     Leave yourself opened to imprint.

2.     Never trouble another for what you can do yourself.

3.     Never transform until given the command.

4.     Never reveal yourself to a mortal.

5.     Pride costs us more than hunger, thirst, and cold.

6.     Never repent of having eaten too little.

7.     Nothing is troublesome that we do willingly.

8.     Don't let your enemies cause you pain.

9.     Never kill a mortal.

10.  When angry, count to 10; if very angry, count to 100.

                I couldn't figure out laws 5, 6, and 8. I wanted to ask, but I didn't want to look like a fool. Then I remembered that I didn't have to speak, in just had to think it!

          With his silky voice, Jonas said, "You won't look like a fool. Law 5 means to never lose hope when something goes wrong. Law 6 means don't worry about not eating enough because it is hard not to show the hungry a wolf has. The 8th law means not to let them know you're hurt. Sorry babe, but I have to go to work. I promise won't run into any burning buildings. I love you!"

          It was not great having a full time firefighter for a mate. Even though I was worried, I loved it that he was a firefighter. He was also a cop, but he was working at the fire department. Right before he left, I called out, "Stay safe. Love you!" Right then the door closed, and I was free to do whatever.

          I slowly got ready for a day of cleaning. I never knew that men could be so messy. There was my college work thrown on the floor because he became frustrated with it. Jonas was 24, only two years older than me. He graduated a year earlier, and forgot how to do all the work. I was in my senior year of college. I was going to become a cop, but mostly a K-9 officer. Every officer in Grenade, California, knew it.

         Out of 302 people in Grenade, 151 were officers Mmy town wanted to be extremely protected. I didn't have any classes today, which was good. I'm the youngest female to go through law enforcement classes, but I didn't care. I just wanted to be a cop.

          After I cleaned the entire house, I decided to jam out to music. I was dancing to Don't Trust Me by 3OH3 when I heard the door open. It was only Sam. I completely forgot that we were going to go to the dance club to hang. I quickly stopped dancing and shouted, "Give me 5 minutes I need to change." Within 3 minutes, I was ready. My outfit was the best ever. I had a blue plaid shirt, black shorts, and my signature neon lime green flat brimmed hat. I did a once over of how I looked then walked out.

          When we were ready to leave, I decided to drive my Porsche. We got to the club; I had to leave after 5 minutes. I told Sam that I had to go, but she understood. I knew she was safe because she was with a guy named Pauly.  I knew he was trustable because I went into his mind. He was a pretty good guy.

          I arrived home, and Jonas was sitting on the couch all cut up. He told me to sit down, but I didn't listen. "Jonas! What happened to you? Are you okay?"

          "I'm fine babe. I got into a little fight; I won like always. Now will you please sit down. I have something important to tell you."

          What I heard next made my heart stop beating. What I was told made me think twice about leaving Sam unprotected and alone. The information that I was told are words a werewolf never wants to hear.