Chapter 15: Competitions

Start from the beginning

"I'M GONNA KILL YOU, STRIKER!" Orochi roared, aiming his carrier decks and launching a volley of aircraft into the air.

"Still worth it!"

Flashback End

Opening her eyes, Hornet stretched and glanced over at the spot next to her, which was empty. Smelling food, Hornet swung herself out of bed, put on her hat, which had been hanging on a hook on the side of the wall, and walked out to Striker's mess hall.

Opening the door, she found Striker flipping some pancakes into the air over a stove.

"Whatcha doing?" she asked.

Striker yelped, and the pancake he was flipping fell on his head. "That was not funny!" he protested as Hornet burst out laughing.

"Was for me," Hornet replied, walking over and giving him a quick kiss before snagging the pancake off his head and taking a bite out of it. "Hmm... medium rare."

"Glad you enjoyed it," Striker deadpanned, putting another three pancakes on the stove. As he turned to the stack he already had before, his eye twitched as he found the two pancakes gone.

Sighing, he turned to Hornet, who was looking at him innocently, wiping some crumbs off her mouth with her sleeve. "What?"

Striker's eye twitched, and he sighed. "Never mind."

Timeskip brought to you by Chibi Hornet stealing Striker's pancakes

After several dozen attempts, with Striker somehow managing to cook and keep an eye on Hornet at all times, he finally managed to finish his stack of pancakes and set them on the table.

"About time ya finished," Hornet commented, sliding down in the seat opposite Striker as he grabbed a bottle of syrup and set it on the table.

"Would have finished sooner if someone didn't keep eating my pancakes," Striker retorted, looking at her pointedly as the Carrier edged her fork beneath two of the pancakes and flipped them onto her plate.

"Hey, they're delicious," Hornet replied with a shrug.

"You're lucky you're my girlfriend."

"I know."

Sighing, Striker sat down opposite Hornet. "So, you excited for the celebration?"

"First time all the factions are going to be united since the war started," Hornet replied. "It's gonna be interesting, that's for sure."

"Agreed." Striker flipped a piece of pancake into the air, only for Hornet to spear it with her fork and eat it. "Are you kidding me?!"

"Mmm... nope." Hornet grinned at him and purposefully stuck another piece of pancake in her mouth.

"Damn, Sheila," Striker cursed under his breath and aimed to get another pancake.

"Alright, I'll stop," Hornet said, holding up her hands briefly before going back to eating her pancakes. "Still can't believe Orochi and Amagi are finally together."

"Yeah," Striker agreed. "Ya think this is how the others felt about us when we got together?"

"Probably," Hornet replied, pouring some syrup over her food. "I feel bad for you when the other factions get here."

"What do you mean?"

"Three words: Roon. Akagi. Taihou."

"And now I'm terrified," Striker sighed. "I'm leaving you my will."