Journal Entry #11: Mine's Cooler Than Yours

As Dream stepped into the fresh morning sunlight, for once his mind was clear as he stood there on the grass, absorbing in the great feeling of a fresh start, a new day. The high-pitched chirp of a bird caused him to jolt, turning to look at the small beige-colored creature, picking at the ground, then flying away.

And suddenly Dream thought; all of his past and all of his trauma came back like a lightbulb, and he thought of the first thing his mind could land on: George. Dream chuckled, amused at the fact that a simple bird could remind him of George. The bird wasn't even a significant factor in any of his memories with George, but Dream guessed that it was merely a wake-up call.

And so Dream's fresh start, his new day, was ruined, as his heart sank at the thought of George, the thought of losing him.

____

"I brought you some tea and muffins."

Skeppy sat down next to Halo on the sofa, handing him the tea and muffins. Halo smiled and grabbed took a bite of the muffins. "I love these."

"I thought you've never eaten them before?" Skeppy watched as Halo took a tiny sip of the tea, scrunching his face up from the heat on his tongue.

"Oh, yeah, the tea's really hot. Sorry."

Halo wiped his mouth and looked at Skeppy brightly. "I've never eaten them before, but Bad has. They always looked so yummy."

Skeppy nodded. "So, what should we do today? Maybe I can show you uh...I don't know. There's the TV."

"What's a TV?" Halo watched Skeppy stand up and turn on the screen.

Halo watched the TV with big eyes as the words played across the screen. Skeppy frowned at the news channel. He turned to face the kitchen and projected his voice by cupping his hands around his mouth. "ERET! HOW DO I CHANGE THE TV CHANNEL?"

"YOU CAN'T! I PROGRAMMED IT TO BE ONLY ON THE NEWS!" Eret yelled back.

"WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU DO THAT?!" 

"HOW DO YOU THINK I ALWAYS STAYED SAFE HERE?! I MADE SURE NO ONE COULD FIND ME!"

Skeppy scoffed and turned back to the tv. He always hated the news channel, it only ever made him sad with bad news and shocking reports.

"Wait, how do pictures change on the same screen? And how did they make the words move?" Halo was standing up and staring straight at the tv, putting his hand up onto the screen and moving his finger along to the words.

Skeppy smiled at Halo's curiosity. "A lot of programming and very very small color pixels."

"Oh." Halo fixated on a sentence. "Hey, they're talking about us."

"What?" Skeppy walked closer to the tv and looked at the headlines. "Shit."

____

Eret smiled as he spread a Nutella smiley face onto a pancake. "Now that's a good smile."

"ERET! COME OVER HERE ERET HOLY SHIT-"

Eret picked his head up and ran towards the living room. "What?! What's wrong-"

"The TV, Eret." Skeppy pointed at the screen, the headlines reading, "RESEARCH FACILITY SHUTS DOWN AFTER DISCOVERY OF SUPERNATURAL SUBJECTS HELD HOSTAGE"

Eret watched as the cars racing down the highway played across the screen. "We're fine. They- they won't find us. I promise."

"Eret? What's going on I heard screaming." Wilbur stepped out of his room and groggily rubbed his face.