Subject Log #18: Trustworthy

art by itviviuwu on twitter!

Dream paced the room. Well, more like a fast walk in worriedness. Or is that just pacing?

"Where are they who do I tell who- where- AGH!" Dream slammed his fist down on the counter and winced at the pain. 

"Oh Dreaaam!"

Dream heard Eret call his name and widened his eyes. He scrambled across the room trying to pick things up and organize them. Dream quickly stood up and waited for Eret. 

Eret walked out of the closet door's shadow and smiled. "Good to see you again, Dream."

Dream nodded. "Good to see you trespassing, Eret."

Eret frowned. "You know I don't like it when you use trespass. I prefer...visit."

Dream laughed. "Well, you came in here without warning."

"I did warn you! I called your name," Eret stated. 

Dream shrugged. "Still not enough prep."

"Hm." Eret walked around the room and looked at the tussled bedsheets and scattered clothes. "It's a bit messy in here, isn't it?"

Dream gulped and nodded. "Yeah, that's how I like it! Ha!"

Eret looked back at Dream blankly. "Are you hiding something?"

Dream laughed nervously. "No, no I'm not."

Eret looked at Dream with a fixed face. "I believe you."

"Uh...great?" Dream watched Eret walk around the room more and sit down on the extra bed. 

"But are you hiding someone?" 

Dream froze. "...No."

Eret laughed. "I can tell you're lying."

Dream looked around, trying to avoid making eye contact. "I was, but now they're gone."

"Gone as in, the invisible Altre and the two boys are gone?" Eret asked. 

Dream looked back at Eret. "How did you know that?"

"They've been missing for days, it's quite obvious you took them, and now, someone else has taken them. But I can help you," Eret said.

Dream hesitated. "Can I trust you?"

Eret chuckled. "You can't trust anyone, Dream, not even yourself. So does it really matter, anyway?"

Dream sighed. "Help me find them."

____

"Hey Bad- ohhh my gosh what in the hell happened to you?" Fundy watched Skeppy help Bad walk down the hallway. 

Bad coughed and smiled weakly at Fundy. "I just had a cold, that's all."

Fundy nodded slowly and watched the couple walk down the hallway and into a lab.

Bad coughed roughly again and clutched his chest. Skeppy set him down and sat next to him. "Why are you sick?"

"Skeppy I-I can't hold Halo in for this long." Bad gently held Skeppy's hand.

Skeppy furrowed his eyebrows. "What do you mean I thought he was gone?"

"N-No Skeppy. He's still here." 

Skeppy frowned and held Bad's hand tightly. "Bad, how is he with you when you're here?"

"I can feel him in my chest. I can hear him in my head, sometimes." 

Skeppy tried to hold back tears. "Is there a way we can get rid of him?"

Bad gazed at Skeppy, smiling softly. "No, my muffin. I can't."

Skeppy sniffed and rubbed his eyes. "But if...if he ever comes back will you come back sometimes?"

Bad sighed. "I'll try, Skeppy. But don't worry, I'm here. I'll always be here." 

Bad hugged Skeppy tightly, and the two stayed there, hugging each other, for as long as they could.

____

Smoke filled the air. White ring puffs floated up into the popcorn ceiling. 

"Sir, do you want to open a window or-"

"Shut up." The man lifted his legs and propped his feet up onto the desk. 

"Where are they?" 

"They should be here by tomorrow, sir."

"Hm." He placed his mug down and turned it to look at the logo. A plain, gold symbol, of a gas mask and one word in the middle of it. 

"Do you know what this organization is called, Q?"

"...No, Sir?"

"Helios. A great name, for a great company."

HELLO! I hope you enjoyed this chapter mwahaha

Any theories? Suspicions? Why are George, Tommy, and Tubbo missing? What is Helios? What will happen with Bad and Halo? 

so many questions...but answers will come soon

also, thank you for 300 reads! eeee

- Dove <3