Journal Entry #7: What Happened?

"Sweetie, don't you think we should at least talk about this more?"

Wilbur chuckled. He stuffed the last shirt into his suitcase and turned to face his mom. 

"Mum, we already did. This is a great job offer! I get to do what I've always wanted to do- work with different creatures."

"But you said it was far away, can we get the address so we can visit you sometime?"

"I don't have it. They said they were going to pick me up and transport me there." Wilbur picked up his luggage with a grunt and put it down on the floor.

"That's a bit suspicious, don't you think?" Wilbur's mom worriedly watched her son carry his belongings out of his room.

"Mum, weren't you always saying that you wanted me to have a good job with good pay and my own place to stay? Well that's happening! Aren't you happy for me?"

"I am! I really am my little Wilbur but I'm just being a parent and I'm worried. Please be safe because I don't want you being hurt."

Wilbur sighed. He smiled lovingly at his mom and hugged her tightly. "I'll never forget you, Mom. Love you."

"But...why did you do that?"

"What?"

"WHY DID YOU DO THAT?! WILBUR! LOOK AT ME GOD DAMN IT!"

Wilbur gasped as he snapped out of it and looked up at Eret and everyone else, all staring at him. Eret squatted down and looked at Wilbur dead in the eyes. 

"Wilbur. We want to know why you...did what you did."

"WHY CAN'T I GO OUTSIDE?! STOP PUSHING ME WHAT THE HELL?!" Tommy squirmed against Sapnap pushing him towards the living room. 

"Tommy? What happened?" Tubbo slowly stepped out of his room as he looked at everyone standing around Wilbur. 

"They won't let me go outside and play for some stupid reason." Tommy huffed as he glared at Sapnap.

"What? What happened? Why are you all-" Tubbo pushed past the wall of people and stopped in front of Wilbur, who was shaking and sobbing. "Wilbur? What- what's wrong?" 

Wilbur slowly looked up at Tubbo and cried silently. "I didn't do it. I promise Tubbo I- something happened and then I blinked and he was gone. I pushed him and didn't even remember-"

"That's bullshit! How could you not remember murdering-"

"Skeppy." Eret glared at Skeppy and gestured towards Tommy and Tubbo.

Skeppy sighed in frustration and stepped back. 

"This is all something that we need some time on. Let's give Wilbur a little time and space and we'll handle the...situation outside. Sapnap, you'll come with me outside and the rest of you stay here. Tommy, Tubbo, don't go wandering anywhere." Eret and Sapnap walked outside and left the group to talk.

Dream sighed as he glanced at Wilbur from the kitchen. 

"Tragic, isn't it?" Halo sat down next to Dream and smiled. "You know, the murder-"

"Shh! Don't let Tommy and Tubbo hear." Dream looked at the two boys talking to each other. 

"Aw, cute. Keeping the kids innocent." Halo chuckled. Dream sighed eyed him, weirded out by his behavior. 

"What did you do with Bad?" Dream asked.

Halo sighed. He hopped off the seat and closed his eyes. Dream watched in confusion as Halo slowly transformed. Bad opened his eyes and smiled at Dream. 

"I'm still here, Dream." Bad took a seat next to Dream. 

"Can't you get rid of him?" Dream asked. 

"Get rid of Halo? He says no. And I've tried." Bad sighed tiredly and looked out the window. 

"How are you doing, Bad? Aren't you tired of Halo?" Dream asked.

Bad shrugged. "We're getting along. It's getting easier to switch. Speaking of switching, I should see Skeppy. He wants me to make sure to see him every time I take control." 

Dream nodded. "Go."

Bad left and Dream sighed as he watched Tubbo and Tommy talk to Wilbur.

"Are we safe here Dream?" 

Dream looked at George sitting down next to him. 

"I thought we could maybe get away for a while. But..." Dream thought about all of his memories with George.

"Yeah. We are safe as long as your here with me. Then we can do anything George." 

George nodded and rested his head on Dream's shoulder. "Even if we are just friends now Dream, I am happy to know that you were in my past life too."

Dream's smiled faltered. "Yeah. Just...friends."

_____

"I don't get it. How could Wilbur forget murdering someone?!" Skeppy gripped his hair and paced the room.

Bad shrugged. "I don't know, Skeppy. I'm just really sad that Fundy is...gone."

Skeppy sat down next to Bad. "Shouldn't Wilbur get some sort of punishment?! He killed someone. Who knows who he'll murder next!" 

Bad frowned. "I think you're forgetting the whole situation here, diamond boy."

Skeppy looked at Bad. "What?"

Bad sighed. "Skep, you're looking at this...selfishly."

Skeppy raised his eyebrows. 

"-And before you say anything, just remember. Fundy- THE Fundy, our friend, who was kind and funny and selfless, is dead. He's gone now. We can't talk to him, or joke with him, or simply be in company with him anymore. And yes, Wilbur may seem like the culprit right now but...look at him. He's clearly traumatized. He never wanted for Fundy to go. In fact, Wilbur and Fundy were best friends."

Skeppy sighed.

"Wilbur said he didn't know what even happened. He said that it was like he blinked and then Fundy was gone. Something- or someone, could have maybe made him do that. Killing just isn't...Wilbur."

Bad watched as Skeppy processed his words. 

Skeppy nodded. "Yeah. I just- I didn't want to imagine if anyone else were hurt. Like you."

Bad smiled slightly and held Skeppy's hand tightly. "I would never leave the world without you, Skeppy."

HIIII IM BACK AGAIN 

Thank you so much for waiting for another chapter, my summer's been super packed and I'm sure some of you don't have time to read some days.

I will be updating more don't worry!

Also, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1.4K READS!!! AHHH :D

love you all - Dove <3