Dressier Dress!

Everyone was leaving, "You already ate the good bacon"! Gloria huffed, "Shh, don't you have a big fancy dress to be buying" Jay sighed. Today was the day, the day I got to buy and pick my Quinceanera dress. This was the day I had been dreaming for near enough all my life, Gloria told me to pick my dress first so then we can base any colors or themes from there, which was smart, I was even more excited because I had invited Papi to come, because one of the main parts of a Quince was the father, daughter dance. 

Me, Claire, Lily and Gloria walked into the dress store, the others we're in the suit shop getting their tuxedoes and ties. "Look at all the dresses"! Lily gawked, "All these dresses are giving me a headache" Claire groaned rubbing her head. "Welcome, Quinces Quinces Quinces! What can we do for you"? A woman smiled, "Oh, we're here to get her a Quince dress" Gloria answered, "Ay, what color would you like"? The woman asked, "I'm not sure" I shrugged, "Take your time...we aren't planning any customers" The woman smiled walking away. 

The dresses looked like rainbows, the reds, the oranges, the yellows, the greens. the blues, the indigo's and the violets, we can't forget about the pinks either. "I can't decide...what about you all pick me a dress out" I shrugged, "Really"? Lily, Claire and Gloria gasped, "go for it" I chuckled. I left them to go look whilst I went to the blue dresses, one stood out in particular. "Excuse me...hi, sorry, can I try this one on"? I heard a girl point to the dress I liked, "Oh, maybe this girl wanted it" The store assistant sighed, "I think she should go to the section..." The girl cackled pointing to the bigger sized dresses. 

"No, she can have it" I smiled looking at the ground, Alex told me not to listen to those types of girls but this one, she got to me. "I found one! I found one"! Lily beamed as she jumped up and down by a dress. It was yellow and it looked like Belle's dress, which I knew was Lily's favorite princess. "Wow...it's very...yellow" I laughed as the woman took the dress to the fitting room. I saw Claire looking around the dresses, "Don't you like any of them"? I asked looking at her disgusted face.

"No...but wouldn't they just be all uncomfortable and itchy"? Claire laughed, "Well, yeah, but if it makes me feel like a princess I'm not bothered" I smiled, "Oh, what about this one"? Claire questioned pointing to a orange dress, "Oh, orange" I smiled, "You don't like it"? Claire frowned, "No...I love it" I nodded, the woman took the dress.

"Gloria!? Where are you"? I called walking around the store, "In here"! I heard Gloria yell from the fitting rooms, "What are you-Wow" I gasped, Gloria spun around, she was wearing a big pink dress, "You like it"? Gloria asked, "I love it...you look amazing" I smiled, "I will take it off now...today is all about you" Gloria frowned, "No, keep it on, I know you didn't get a Quince so wear it, plus you can totally pull it off" I smiled, "Really"? Gloria smiled. 

"Yes...I can't find any dresses, Lily wants me to look like a lemon and Claire wants me to look like a orange, so I need your help" I sighed, "Ay, there trying" Gloria smiled, "I know, and I love it, but your the expert" I shrugged, "There is this one" Gloria smiled as she showed me a dress, I immediately fell in love with it, it was blue, it had long sleeves with butterflies on the skirt. 

it was beautiful.

"I love it..." I gasped, "Ay, your mommy made this dress" Gloria smiled, "She did"? I asked tears burning my eyes, "Yes, she and I were close friends in high school" The manager of the store, "Really"? I questioned, "You look just like her, she would've loved this dress" The woman smiled, "I'll try it on" I nodded, "Good, just call if you need any help" Gloria smiled as the woman and her left the room. 

"It's so heavy" I sighed as I wriggled into the dress, "Do you need any help"? Gloria asked, "No, I'm fine" I laughed, I tied the dress up at the back, it wasn't loose or too tight, it fit like a glove, "I-love it" I smiled as I twirled in the mirror, "You look just like your mama" the woman smiled drawing back the curtain revealing it to Gloria, Lily and Claire. I saw the girl from before jaw drop, she looked like she was about to cry, "You look like Cinderella"! Lily squealed.

"Oh, Haley, Alex when did you get here"? I asked noticing them both sitting on chairs waiting too, "Do you want the real answer"? Alex asked, "Nope" I laughed, "You look gorg"! Haley squealed as she took a picture, "What do you think"? Claire asked, "I love it...but, I can't" I frowned, "We can take the butterflies off" Gloria smiled, "No...I love the butterflies, it's the-" I began, "The sequins too, they can come off" The woman smiled, "No, it's too much, the money, I can't take this" I sighed looking at the price tag, it was too much, it was $650. 

"Ay, you don't need to worry about money, it's for your Quince" Gloria smiled, this was the ,ain reason I didn't want a Quince because they're like a million dollars and that's too much for one night, "Well, I like it" A girl spoke, I turned around and saw the same girl who was going to take the other dress, "You do"? I questioned, "It's very...nice" The girl sighed, "Really"? I smiled, "Yes" The girl scowled, "I think you'll look absolutely...nice in that dress too" I sighed. The girl walked off.

"What was that"? Alex asked walking up to me, "Some girl, I don't know" I laughed, "Are you gonna buy it"? Alex asked, "Do you think I should"? I sighed turning to look back into the mirror, "You look great, go for it" Alex laughed, "Really"? I asked, "Really" Alex smiled. "Please, can I have this one"? I asked looking at Gloria, "Ay, of course mi amor"! Gloria laughed. 

---

this chapter was so difficult to write as, one I've never been to a Quince but also, I don't know much about the celebration, although they all look beautiful.

thanks for being patient <3 

creds, picture from, Pinterest by Amelie,