Mother's Day!

Today was the day I dreaded. Mother's Day. Not only is Gloria super difficult to buy for but this was my second Mother's Day without my Mom. Gloria was like a mother to me. But she wasn't my mother, she knew it and so did I. 

"You go first"! Jay begged. "No you go first"! Manny begged this happened a few times between the two until. "I'll go first" I laughed handing the present to Gloria. "Happy Mothers Day" I beamed. She smiled and gave me a hug and a kiss on the head after saying "thank you". 

She carefully opened the pink gift baggie to reveal a bottle of perfume. Her favorite. Then Jay passed her, her gift. It was a diamond necklace. Manny looked to the floor ashamed. 

"Oh! Jay a diamond necklace! Thank you"! She squealed. Showing us her new possession. "You deserve it! Go ahead kid"! Jay smiled signaling Manny to give his mother the red box in his hand. "Happy Mother's Day, Mom" Manny smiled, sadly. "A necklace made of the fruit loops. I love it" Gloria gasped quickly winking at me and Jay. "I know there not exactly diamonds, Mom" Manny sighed. "No they're beautiful" Gloria insisted looking at the multicolored necklace Manny had put so much effort into. 

"You know what? I got a confession to make; those aren't real diamonds; No. Give them back. I'll get you some real ones later" Jay smirked taking the box of Gloria and walking of into the kitchen. "Dang it. Now I got to come clean. Those aren't real fruit loops. They're generic"  Manny confessed taking the box off his mother, Jay and him both walking out. "Now I have one present again" Gloria shrugged. I smiled, "This smells gorgeous mi amor! And expensive"! Gloria smiled kissing me on the head and leaving the room. 

Today the whole family is coming over for our normal meal. Me, Luke, Manny, Alex, Hayley, Claire and Gloria are all going on a hike as Jay and Phil will stay home and cook the dinner, I don't know where Uncle Cam or Mitchell come into the equation. We were walking up a huge hill when Luke broke the silence, "You know there's cayote's in these woods"? I couldn't help but play along with it even though there isn't any cayote's, "Did you pack a weapon"? I asked Manny. 

"I have this walking stick"? Manny suggested lifting the tree branch he had picked up earlier. "Does it become a sword"? Luke asked, "I guess it can become a running stick" Manny lightly chuckled gaining a chuckle from Gloria and I. "You're gonna out run a cayote? The fastest mammal in the world" ? Luke gasped. "That's so not true! Isn't it a cheetah"? I laughed. "And how are you going to fend them off? With a popsicle stick"? Manny asked sarcastically.

"It's a spear! And it smells like lemon and lime, a flavor coyotes hate" Luke smiled happy with himself. "Where do you get your facts from, Luke"? I laughed. "How much farther"? Hayley gasped. "Well, I'd like to go far enough that we can't still see our car in the parking lot" Claire smirked. "I'm getting dust in my mouth" Hayley whined. 

"You have to appreciate nature"! Gloria smiled taking a deep breathe in, "Yes" Claire agreed. "Soon this will be the mall" I frowned, "I'll come then" Hayley mumbled. "I'm hungry"! Alex whined. "I say we eat what we kill" Luke smirked. "I guess we'll be eating the mood" Manny snarled. "I don't get you at all" Luke frowned. "We know" Me and Manny shrugged. We began to walk through some trees. 

"Yeah, that was definitely some poison oak, I think this rash is spreading" Manny sighed whilst  scratching his arm, "Ay, Manny that's not a rash" Gloria frowned, "It's because you keep scratching it" I added whilst I put my hands in pockets. "I just don't want my throat to close" Manny frowned. "Wouldn't be the worst thing" Luke scoffed, "I'm so bored, I'd rather be reading" Hayley sighed turning to me and Alex. "I'm so bored, I chewed a bug in my mouth just to feel something" Alex added. "I'm so bored. . .I'm talking to you both"! Hayley mumbled. "Agh! Okay! For the last twenty minutes all you people have done is whine. You would think on mothers day, at least you would do something nice to say-" Claire began to rant until Luke cut her off.