Thirty Four: "Literally Colourblind" - December 14

"What should I do, what should I do?" George mumbled to himself, walking up and down the aisles. Rows and rows of ties and shirts and jackets and pants stretched across the entire floor of the department store, and looking at all of his options was a little overwhelming. He wandered around for about a minute more, feeling more lost by the second before a bright idea popped into his head.

"I should call Dream," George realized aloud, and he took out his phone and dialed his best friend.

"C'mon, pick up, pick up," George urged as the phone rang once, twice, thrice. On the fourth ring, Clay finally did. "Oh, thank God! Clay, I need you." On the other side, Clay raised an eyebrow, leaning back in his desk chair with a smirk.

"I mean, we knew that," Clay joked, "We've been over this." George barely had time to roll his eyes as he began to explain.

"I need a tie, but I don't know which one to get," George said. Clay paused for a moment.

"What?"

"What do you mean, what?"

"George, you gave me absolutely no context. Where are you?"

"I'm at a clothing store," George said, "And I'm looking for a tie but I don't know which one to get."

"Oh, like a dress tie. For a suit," Clay surmised.

"Yeah. I don't know what to pick, or where to look," George said.

"I mean... again, what's the context?" Clay asked, ruffling his hair with a grin as he imagined George wandering around a Macys looking incredibly lost (his imagination wasn't far off, except they didn't have Macys in the UK). "What kind of tie do you want?"

"I don't know, I don't know anything about fashion," George said, shrugging. "The suit I wore on stream is one my mum helped me buy. I just want a tie that will match Lilac's graduation dress." Clay threw his arms up in the air.

"If you'd started with that, this would have made a lot more sense," He informed George, "But, okay, why are you calling me? Call her and ask."

"I can't call her, she's not supposed to know I'm going to be there," George said, and then all the puzzle pieces clicked for Clay.

"So George," Clay chuckled, shaking his head, "What do you want me to do?"

"I don't know," George said, hoping his friend would have had an answer for him. "Can you ask Sap if he knows?"

"Sure, I can do that," Clay said, still laughing a bit. "I'll call you back in a second, I have to call him because he's actually out looking for a suit, himself."

"Great minds think alike," George said, and he and Clay said goodbye. Clay's chuckles turned into wheezes as he processed the ridiculousness of this situation (and he himself didn't have to worry, because he didn't need to match Lilac and he already had a suit), but he stuck to his word and called Sapnap.

"Bro," Clay said when Sap picked up on the second ring, "Do you know what color Lilac's dress is going to be?"

"For graduation?" Sap asked, picking up on the context right away. "No. Am I supposed to know?"

"Not really, but could you maybe know for me, pretty please?" Sap, who was trying on a suit jacket as they were talking, furrowed his eyebrows as he decided whether he liked the jacket or not.

"What, do you want me to call Lilac?" He asked, and Clay thought for a moment.

"Maybe don't do that, I don't want her to suspect anything," Clay said, thinking better of it.