Eleven: "George was there, and that's all that matters" - October 7

Today was the day Lilac was taking her project on the SMP to the next level. She'd been focused on the above-ground builds for the longest time, but she wanted to work on connecting everything together.

Anytime she had time alone on the server (which, when she was lucky, was a few hours at a time at maximum), she would take time to put up a new build. Oftentimes, though, someone would get online pretty abruptly, and then she'd have to figure out a way to get back to the main area without them seeing which direction she was coming from. That had led to quite a few instances of Lilac having to loop around the entire district before entering it, so it would be a different point of entry every time. She was taking no chances, but she was tired of having to do it. So, she decided to make a tunnel all the way from her house in the district to Literary Park. She'd thought about making a Nether hub to shorten the journey, but she didn't want to risk someone coming across her path and following it back. She always layered her nether paths in sandstone to make them stand out- couldn't risk making it that obvious.

So she began her project, turning on some background music and digging away. She'd already done the coordinate matching, so the tunnel she was beginning from the Park would link directly to a tunnel in the stripmine she already had under her house in the district. Lilac wasn't the best at redstone, but she'd watched enough Mumbo Jumbo to know how to make a 2x1 piston door, so she planned to hide the entrance into the tunnel with a stone door. She'd thought of everything. It was unlikely that someone would stumble across that particular tunnel in a strip mine, but she would have it there just in case.

Lilac would guess that she'd made it about 80% of the way before Sap called her and politely asked her to get in the Discord when they went live.

"Oh, you're getting on the server?" Lilac asked, taking a second to look away from the screen. "It's later than I thought, I didn't think you'd be evening-streaming today." It was already nearly 8:30, and the sun was going down. Evening streams usually started earlier for them.

"Yeah, but we were going to do a short stream together," Sap said. "Why, were you planning to log off for the night?" She had been right after she finished the tunnel. Even though it was about 80% complete, that meant she still needed to dig out a couple hundred blocks to get to the strip mine, and the infernal dizziness had been bothering her for a bit. Since they wanted her online, though, she decided to ignore the oncoming headache and join the call.

"Yeah, but no worries, I'll get on," Lilac said. He cheered, and they both left the call and joined vc1. George and Clay were already in there, starting up their streams. Sap joined in right away, and Lilac's phone lit up with the three notifications.

Dream is live with Minecraft: shenanigan streams

GeorgeNotFound is live with Minecraft: dream team+ back at it again

Sapnap is live with Minecraft: no lore vibes only

Lilac giggled, trying to shake off the dizziness as she got into the call. Talking with them made it easy to put it to the side, and she had a blast helping them entertain chat. Even though the boys were together and she was alone underground, she still felt like she was every bit as invested in their nonsense as they were. She kept tabs on their whereabouts through George's stream, making sure that the coast was always clear.

"So, Spade, what are you up to?" Clay asked, and Lilac hummed,

"Not much, just mining," She said, which wasn't even a lie. What she was mining for was a location and not a resource, but her point still stood.

"You are always mining," Sap said, and Lilac chuckled lightly.

"That is the name of the game, quite literally," She pointed out, and no one could argue with that. Finally, after almost breaking her pickaxe twice, Lilac connected the tunnels together. She cheered silently, reveling in the fact that she could run from one house to the other underground, day or night, and no one would be able to see her. She ran back through the main hub of the strip mine, going up to get redstone resources from her house.