Twenty Eight: "I don't know if I'm ready for this" - November 14

Lilac sat back from her computer, pushing her chair away from her desk. She stood and threw her hands into the air, spinning around in victory.

"Finally!" She yelled in excitement, dancing in place as Andi looked up.

"Turned it in?" She asked, eyes alight, and when Lilac nodded, Andi hopped out of bed. "Get dressed, we're going out to celebrate!" Lilac laughed as she stretched her back. She was so glad to be free of her CS final coding project; it had taken her the entire semester, but she did what she set out to do.

"Define 'go out'," Lilac demanded, "What exactly does that mean?"

"Don't worry, no parties," Andi promised, rolling her eyes. "I know you're antisocial, I'm not trying to kill you. Let's just go get celebratory dinner or something."

"I am not antisocial, I am socially selective," Lilac countered, "And it's three p.m.." Andi threw up her hands.

"Well then, what do you want to do?" Andi teased.

"I'm not trying to shoot you down!" Lilac said, laughing as she looked into her closet to change into something decent. "I just... you know what, you're absolutely right. Let's go get a celebratory lunch."

"Let's dress up, too," Andi said, always looking for an excuse to wear some of her nicer clothes. "I've been meaning to wear my power suit, but, you know."

"College," Lilac finished her sentence, laughing. "Can't exactly comfortably show up to class with a three-piece suit on."

"And I won't be comfortable going to the dining hall in a three-piece suit, either, but it's about the fashion," Andi declared, running a hand through her hair. She pulled out a tan suit for Lilac's approval, and Lilac whistled when she saw it.

"Absolutely yes," Lilac said, and then she turned to her closet. There was one dress she had that was fancy enough; funny that it was a pale lilac color, too. It was a little shorter than she was used to and it had a halter neck, and a friend had gotten it for her for her birthday a year or two ago. She'd never worn it out, but Lilac supposed now was as good a time as any,

"Why not," Lilac said, quickly changing and slipping the dress on. "I'm feeling cute, I'm a senior in college, and I just turned my final in. My dress can be a little short." At that, Andi turned around, raising her brows when she saw Lilac.

"You look fabulous," Andi complimented, "And you're good and right your dress can be a little short. You earned it." Lilac flashed her a grin, pairing her dress with all-white boots and matching jewelry. Andi put on a beret (Lilac had no idea where she'd gotten a beret but she loved it) and stylish leather boots. The pair hadn't intended to coordinate, but their lighter shades of clothing somehow made them look distinctly put together next to one another.

"We look sick," Lilac said, putting on confidence as her final accessory. "Now let's go eat subpar dining hall food."

"Wait," Andi said, "You said you'd text the boys once you turned it in. They're going to kill you if you forget." Andi had taken to saying 'the boys' with a certain sarcasm because of how often Lilac used it as a general term for any of the Minecraft crew, but mostly for Clay, Sap, and George.

"Ah, that's right," Lilac remembered, pulling out her phone. "Don't know what I would do without you."

"You'd forget to message the boys," Andi said, and Lilac rolled her eyes as she opened their group chat.

SPADE AND THE BOYS

QueenofSpades