4 ~ [Before It's Late]

Start from the beginning

"What in particular are you begging for? That I don't cut you with this knife-" I display the knife closer to him, arch an eyebrow, "instead of my favourite one? Or do you think, you have your own, personal preference here to make a choice of weapon for your death?"

"P-Please, forgive me- let me go. I already told you everything I knew. I just had to steal a file from your office in disguise of an interviewer from a news channel. I had no idea of anything else other than that- I didn't even know who is making me do this and who am I stealing from! they only provided me the location and directions-" hearing his explanation, I uncompromising laugh out in a sneering manner.

"So, you're claiming that you don't know the identity of your master who sent you? and you didn't even know who you were supposed to play against?" I disparagingly give him an understandable nod and his fear intensifies more than before, "I'm not lying sir. Please-"

"That I know but- don't you think, he should have apprised you of what kind of man I'm or at least warned you of what might happen to you if you get caught?" I sneer and he unwavering nods, trying to hold my contentment by responding. Tears keep showering down his beard.

I ask rolling up my sleeves upto forearm, "Do you have kids?" His teeth starts chattering again not knowing what to answer. "N-No. I-I recently got married."

I lean against the chair with a conceited smirk playing on my face. "That's great. Now you can leave her before she leaves you." His pupils dilated listening to my words, and his respiration shallow, trying to settle himself.

"I have a question for you, if you were given a chance to choose a weapon by which you'll be granted death, what will it be?" His body trembles more than before, comprehending either way it's death for him now. There's no escape. And that he can lucidly see it in my gaze, I don't need to tell him.

His mouth starts to stumble when my eyebrow creases for delay in his reply, "GG-Gun-" uttering the word he closes his eyes, as if a bullet will instantly pierce through his skull and he will be proned to death so deftly, without any delay, painlessly.

My grin stretches up, getting the answer I anticipated, "Why gun?" His condition is getting worse with time. The mixture of blood and sweat keeps dribbling down the side of his head and his naked chest, designed with deep cuts and bruises.

I get up, stepping closer playing with knife in my hand. He abruptly closes his eyes, lowering his head, tensing up more with every step I take towards him. He seems like panic is suffocating him to death itself.

I tilt his head up with the blade of knife and knife is so sharp that it slits the skin of his jaw with the slightest contact, drawing out blood. He cries out louder this time.

"I expect answers when I question and I fucking hate weakness." I deadpan. He tries to cease his sobbing and answer me, "Guns- Death by guns are instant."

The smugness comes back to my face, "Painless, nonsensical, unversed, unsophisticated, effortless- and you know what?" I say, applying a little more pressure on the knife and he whimpers in agony as more blood paints the metal crimson red.
I continue, "That's why guns are totally not my type. I like blood. Blood on my hands when I kill." His eyes are closed, his body unmoving under my touch, due to the horror of fear he's suffering, as if each of my word severely dismayed him.

I step back and let go of the knife. The metal falls on the concrete floor. He flinches with the sound and opens his eyes starting at the knife at his feet. Then he looks at me with anticipation, the hope that I'll let him go. And that anticipation, I would like to shatter like broken pieces of glass.

"You know, it's not like you did a big sin by intending to steal a file, which you unfortunately couldn't and got caught. But- what people call playing with fire, and I call daring a battle with the devil himself, isn't something everyone has balls for. So this last wish of dying with a bullet hole will surely be fulfilled-" his every slightest hope shatters so miserably that he looks already looks death before I even start actually killing him.