I start, "You guys don't have to babysit me. I'm-"

Zeke stops me, "No, it's settled. We're all going."

He stares at me, as if challenging me to say otherwise. Finally, I just sigh, shrugging, "Fine. Okay."

He nods, "We'll leave in five minutes."

: : : : :

I decided that I already liked Narcisuss on the way to Target. Why, do you ask? Because he has superior taste in music. On the way there, he started singing a song by Fall Out Boy, which made Leon groan in agony, because, let's face it, Narcisuss wasn't the best of singers, and it hurt my ears to, but it was Fall Out Boy!

I told him how very proud I was for him liking Fall Out Boy, in which he promptly put a Fall Out Boy CD in and blared the music until we got to the store.

Once we get into Target, we agree to split up.

"I've got to head to the hygenine section, where will everyone else be?" Narcisuss asks.

"Food." Zeke answers.

"I'll just be looking for clothes....." I say.

Leon mutters, "I think I'll just wander around aimlessly."

"Same." Shawn says.

Zeke nods, "Okay, we'll all meet in the Women's section where Sidney will be."

I blink, "What?"

"Alright." The guys nod, "See you soon."

"Wait....." I say, as they start walking off, but it's too late.

I don't know why I'm being so weird. But it's not just me, the guys are being weird too. It's like they know i'm a fragile thing and they're acting careful around me. Treating me like a five year old. Trying to make me feel especially wanted. That's what makes me feel and act weird. But I shouldn't make a big deal of it, they're only trying to help.

I sigh and turn to go to the woman's section. After a few minutes, I've already found a pair of red excersise shorts and a red High School Musical T-shirt. It's not long before I find another orange T-shirt and a gray one, plus four pairs of leggings.

As I'm searching for more clothes, Zeke and Leon walk over.

Zeke leans against the shelves and watches as I rifle through the clothes, "How's it going?"

I hold up the arm that I carry my clothes in, "Pretty good."

Zeke snatches one of the shirts out of my hand, "Let's see then."

He peers at the gray shirt, "Yep, this seems just like something you would wear."

Leon peers at it, "Guess you're not really the dressing up type are you?"

I chuckle, "Not really. I have like three dresses."

Leon furrows his eyebrows, "Three? And you're a girl? How is that possible?"

I smirk, "Ever hear of a Tomboy?"

He looks me up and down, "I think you're on steroids."

I grin, looking back at the clothes, "That's funny. That's similar to what I thought the first time I saw you."

He looks a little taken aback, "No way! This is all pure resilience."

I look at him, a little sassily, "Same can be said for me."

Leon look at Zeke, "She's cool."

Zeke looks a little embarrassed, but he mutters, "Yeah."

Shawn and Narcisuss appear around a clothes rack.

Narcisuss grins, "I sense awkwardness."

Shawn jokes quietly, "Sorry, that's me."

We all laugh. Zeke spots an American flag hoodie hanging on a rack and he picks it up, "Sid, you'd look good in this."

I smirk, "I don't think so. I'm more of a jacket person. Otherwise I just wear a old T-shirt or tank."

Narcisuss folds his arms over his chest, "You know what else you'd look good in? My arms."

I blush profusely, making the guys chuckle.

Leon rolls his eyes, "My gosh, Narc. You're embarrassing her, stop."

I smile awkwardly, "No, it's fine.

Zeke grins, looking at me playfully, " I think she likes it."

Narcisuss throws his arm around me, "Yeah, see! She likes it."

I roll my eyes, pushing his arm off me and walking over to look at a different rack. I search for more clothes and the guys follow me, watching my every move.

"You guys are creepy." I mutter, looking at a shirt.

"Do you live in a corn field, because we're stalking you." Zeke says, raising an eyebrow.

I stare at him blankly as Narcisuss and Zeke fist bump.

I look at Leon and Shawn, who are smirking, "Are they always like this?"

Leon nods, "Yeah."

I nod, "Right. Well, good thing I have a few pick up lines saved."

Narcisuss takes immediate interest, "Really? Do tell."

I smirk, "I'm saving them for the right time. But I can garentee you i'm better at this little pick up line game you guys play."

Zeke and Narcisuss share mischevious glances, "Alright then. Game on."

Author:

Short chapter.

Lame chapter.

Stop the judgment.

Today is the last day my nephew is here. :-[

Such sadness.

Anyway, I have the rest of the book outlined, and there are only about fifteen chapters left, plus the Before Will part, which I will be doing the same thing I did with JOTT. In all, this book will have 54 chapters, with is less than JOTT, and JOTT was extremely long (90 chapters), and i'm trying to get better at making shorter books. :-)

So yeppers.

You guys should follow me on Instagram at katieslauson, because even though I'm evil, you secretly love me.

See y'all later (see that? That was my south mouth)!

-MK