----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the next morning and Naruto was currently in a council meeting.

"The council has been called for the promotion of Naruto Uzumaki Namikaze and Shikamaru Nara," said Tsunade as everyone quieted down.

"With over 100 D-rank, 83 C-rank, 82 B-rank, 23 A-rank and 3 S-rank missions Shikamaru Nara is promoted to Jonin," said Tsunade as everyone applauded him.

"Now with over 100 D-rank, 89 C-rank, 99 B-rank, 42 A-rank and 25 S-rank missions Naruto Uzumaki is promoted to Jonin," said Tsunade.

"Tsunade sama, I would like to talk about the Akatsuki suppression squad," said Shikaku.

"Go on," said Tsunade, interested.

"We need a proper response team for these S-rank nukenins, so I would suggest a team of extremely able ninjas to combat them," said Shikaku.

"Alright. So does anyone have any suggestions?" she asked.

"Tsunade sama, I would suggest Kakashi Hatake and Might Guy along with Naruto," said Shikaku.

"I agree with this. Furthermore, I would suggest Neji Hyuga and Rock Lee. Also, wood-style user Yamato and the Ink Release user Sai will also be of great importance," said Naruto.

"I would like to volunteer for this too," said Shikamaru.

"I suggest Shino Aburame too," said Naruto after some thought.

"Any particular reason for this?" asked Shibi, skeptical that Naruto was just recommending them due to his friendship with them.

"Akatsuki possesses three-tails already. In case they use it to attack, Yamato taicho's wood release and Shino's bugs will be the most efficient suppressors for the tailed beast. It will give me enough time to use seals to subdue the tailed beast at least," said Naruto.

"Agreed. Anyone else?" asked Tsunade.

"Before that, I do not recommend any ninja below A-rank. Shino is a necessity, however, there is no need to risk too many lives. Shino will be backup just for tailed beasts only," said Naruto.

"Alright, I personally suggest Sakura Haruno as medic-nin and Anko Mitarashi for stealth missions. Also, I suggest Asuma Sarutobi and Kurenai Yuhi.

There will be three teams,

1- Assault team 1
Members- Kakashi Hatake, Naruto Uzumaki, Sakura Haruno, Sai, and Yamato.

2-Assault team 2
Members- Might Guy, Rock Lee, Neji Hyuga, Shikamaru Nara, and Asuma Sarutobi

3-Backup
Members- Kurenai Yuhi, Anko Mitarashi, Shino Aburame, and Shizune," said Tsunade.

"But what about Jiraiya of sannin?" asked Mebuki Haruno, Sakura's mom, and civilian council member.

"He is needed to maintain his spy network. He is the village's most important source of information, so it would be better not to directly involve him in this," said Tsunade.

"Alright Tsunade sama," she said as she sat back.

They were about to proceed when someone burst through the door.

"What is the meaning of this?" asked Hiashi as he stood up and glared at the member of the cipher corps.

"Pardon, Hiashi sama, Lord Fifth. However, this is a level one emergency message from Suna," said the girl as she gave the letter to Tsunade.

She opened it and paled a little.

"The fifth Kazekage Gaara has been taken by Akatsuki," she said. The next moment, the temperature in the room dropped a few degrees.

"N-Naruto! Shikamaru! Control," said Tsunade.

"Sorry baachan, but please tell me you're joking," said Naruto, with his eyes shadowed by his hair so they weren't visible.

"Sadly, no, that is what the message says," said Tsunade.

"Anbu! Summon team Kakashi and also Team Guy as soon as they return from the previous mission," said Tsunade and then turned to Naruto and Shikamaru.

"Right from this instance you both are co-leading an S-rank mission to rescue the Kazekage," said Tsunade.

"Hai Tsunade sama," said Shikamaru as he got up.

"Tsunade sama, please warn them, especially Kakashi to reach the gate within a half-hour, or I will see to it that he is traumatized for the rest of his life," said Naruto as he then disappeared in a flash.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sakura and Kakashi hurriedly made their way to Hokage's office.

"What happened Tsunade sama?" asked Sakura. They were told that it was an extremely urgent mission so Kakashi had hurried his way to the office.

"Kazekage has been kidnapped," she replied.

"What?" asked Sakura, unsure whether she had heard correctly.

"Yes. And you both have 15 minutes to meet Naruto and Shikamaru at the gates. Mind you, he has said that if any one of you is late even by a second you'll face consequences," said Tsunade.

===============================================

Hello everyone, so first of all, thank you all for 80K reads. This book is growing hella fast. 

Now, I hope you all like the direction it is going in. If any suggestions, please comment. 

Finally, please vote, comment and share.