🐾 25 🐾

(Before you start reading, I just wanted to say that when I write "mask" I'm taking about the ones you wear for a "masquerade ball" not the ones you wear during the pandemic.)

◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦

"Taehyung, you're going to have to stay here. It's not safe for you to be out in this state," Jimin said.

"I'm alright. It's just a fever," Taehyung said as he tried to get up from the bed.

"No, no. We can't be sure. You were shivering severely out there. What type of friend would you think I am if I just let you go like that? I'm worried for you," Jimin said, pushing Taehyung onto the bed.

"I understand, but I haven't released any hormones, did I? So I'm not on heat," Taehyung said.

"Who knows? Maybe you're an early bloomer. It could be different for you," Jimin said. "We can't take any risks,"

"Fine. Just tell me once the wedding is over. I'll be here, laying on the bed, doing nothing," Taehyung said, giving up. There was no way he was going to get through to Jimin.

"Good, I'll be outside with Hyun Shik, okay?" Jimin said. Taehyung just nodded before turning over on the bed.

Jimin wore his mask before closing the door behind him. Hyun Shik was at the end of the hall, so Jimin made his way over to her.

As he was making his way towards her, his hand brushed over someone's hand, sending a small electric shock on his hand.

Both of them seemed to have felt it since they both stopped walking. Jimin had turned his head to look at the other person but couldn't take a good look at their face due to the masks.

Jimin did a quick bow as a gesture for "excuse me" before walking away to meet up with Hyun Shik. The other person just stood there before walking away also.

◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦

"What's wrong, Yoongi? You seem surprised," Jin asked. Yoongi had walked into the room after helping the butlers outside with the guests.

"I think I might have found my mate," Yoongi said. Both Jin and Namjoon stopped what they were doing.

"You mean, at the age of over a hundred, you finally found your mate. Here?" Jin asked, still surprised.

"Yes. Though, I wasn't able to see who exactly it was due to the masks," Yoongi said.

"Do you remember something that might distinguish them from everybody else?" Namjoon asked.

"I mean, from what I remember, they were wearing a navy blue suit," Yoongi said. "But any one of the guests outside could be wearing the same color suit,"

"Then let's go find that person. Who knows, this might be your only chance to find your mate after so long," Jin said as he headed towards the door.

"What about the wedding? It's about to start in a few minutes," Yoongi said.

"Who cares about the wedding. Jungkook doesn't seem to be excited about it, so why should I?" Jin said.