Chapter 8; To the Mall

The next morning I woke up in a fog. No dreams had persued my sleep and I had had a peaceful nights rest, although I was forced to sleep in the same clothes.

 I had been so tired last night I hadn't even paid atention to the room I was in. It was painted a deep royal blue, with candles hanging from brackets near the corners to light to life when needed. The carpet was a soft baby blue, and the bed had been covered with a purple comforter and plush green pillows. A window laced with white silk curtains stood right next to where the bed had been pushed up against the wall. It had allowed me to look out at the stars and eerie forest before falling asleep.

 I slipped out of bed and out into the hall, in front of me I saw Brienna exiting the room opposite of mine. I smiled politely while she groaned. "Great, now I have to sleep across from the baby sitter." But she said it with a smile.

"Nice to see you to," I grinned.

She laughed and rubbed her temples.

"You don't know where, um, the kitchen is, do you?" I asked, I was in need of some serious Captain Crunch, because my stomach felt like a bottomless pit filled with nothing.

"Um, no." She said, glancing around her as if hoping to see some light up sign that pointed us toward the kitchen. "But I bet he does,"

A couple ways down from us, a big black door swung open, Ethan stepping out in the same clothes he had been wearing yesterday. At seeing us, he walked over, his eyes carrying no dark bags and his hair perfectly kept. He looked like he'd been awake for hours.

"Do you know where the kitchen is?" He asked me, making a clear point to ignore Brienna. But before I could answer she cut me off.

"Aren't you supposed to know where it is dumb ass? Your the one that told us to freaking come here in the first place." She snapped, her voice instantly turning sharp and cold like the edge of a knife when she saw him.

"Um, he told 'you' to come here, he practically kidnapped me." I said, crossing my arms.

"'I' did not kidnap you, you where unconscious," Ethan argued.

"Same thing," I mumbled.

"Yeah, well I had to baby-sit those three little kids last night, so I don't want to hear either of you two complain, do you know how annoying it is to stop every five seconds to look at a bug or bird or, whatever other type of animal?" Brienna snarled, grumbling some other unintelligable words under her breath as she ran her fingers through her messy dirty blonde hair.

"Right, well, arguings not going to help us. We should get Evan and Layna and go... Exploring or something." I said, walking down the dusty tiled floors, thankful that I still had my sandles on.

"Exploring? Are you serious?" Brienna asked while walking up beside me.

"Do you have a better word for it?"

"...No but exploring sounds... childish." She grumbled.

"Well when you think up of another word for exploring, or adventuring, you let me know." I said. Her elbow gently jabbed at my ribs and I giggled.

I walked in through the double french doors, leaving Brienna and Ethan in the hallway to bicker on who knows what as I softly reached out and shook Evan's shoulder. He stirred then slowly opened his eyes, staring around the room curiously before recognizing where he was.

"Come on, you to Layna, were going to try to find the Kitchen." The two slipped out of bed, rubbing the sleep from their eyes as they followed me out into the hall.