Prologue

Everything was dark.

I couldn't see anything except for an inky shadow that surrounded me. I couldn't hear a single note pass within this soundless abyss, I could not feel anything within this shade of black. I was numb. The black had swallowed me up, and had turned me numb, freezing my senses to their very extent.

I cannot remember how this had happened, how I had ended up here, how everything to me had become so far and distant. It was as if I was frozen in time, like everything had stopped moving and had just gone cold.

As I thought this I felt a faint flicker of something stir within me, twisting the rusty ridges of the old chains that had not been unlocked in the darkest places of my mind for some time.

 A cold chill settled into the pit of my stomach, making butterflys swarm around inside me with a quick jolt of nervousness. I felt my heart slowly begin to beat against my chest in a quick flutter of rhythm, pounding against my ribs like a passionate drumbeat. Anxiety and anticipation slid over me, trapping me within their iron grip.

I fidgeted, feeling odd as I came to recognize these strange feelings. How was it that I recalled these emotions that I could not feel so long ago? And why these feelings? Why was I behaving like this? Why was my body reacting so.. strangely? But these feelings would not have come on their own. They always came for a reason.. One of which I cannot seem to remember.

Feeling on edge now I began to look around me, listen for something to disrupt the eerie silence surrounding me, although I knew it would do me no good. I was still detached and distant, to far gone to notice anything within this shrouded world of black.

Two arms of pure muscle slowly broke free from the darkness, they wrapped around my waist in a firm grip and pulled me gently back into something hard and solid. I gasped, but Instead of tensing and struggling my body immediately relaxed and automatically leaned into the form supporting me. Confused I looked down, seeing two, hard defined hands wrapped around my torso in a caressing hold. Human... Someone was holding me.. Why?

 I could feel something soft press itself against the smooth bare skin of my shoulder, and as I turned to look I could see the person who was holding me. His lips were softly pressed to my shoulder, his midnight black eyes were trained on me with a fiery intensity....Him.... I remember this person.. How could I have forgotten him?... This special, gentle person who was always there for me when I needed him.. Always there and looking out for me...

I twisted around in his embrace, lifting my hands to slowly let my fingertips brush against his hard jaw, letting myself touch his unmistakable face. He closed his eyes, allowing me to take in every detail of his tall, masculine frame, standing patiently as I willed myself to remember all of his features. My eyes took in the familiar, hard and emotionless face that belonged to this special person, his sharply cut black hair that was spiked up in the front, the thin silver scar that ran across his left cheek. His broad chest and strong arms. All of it.. All of him to familiar.

I let a foreign smile cross my mouth as I looked up at him. Pure happiness bubbled up within me, and I openly welcomed it.

A small smile creased the center of his stone smooth mouth as he looked down at me. his eyes softening as he held me more closely. I buried my face into his chest, "I missed you.." I said, tears of happiness falling from my eyes as I slid my arms around him, pulling him close.

 But with this happy feeling came one of despair and treachery, I knew these feelings as well, and slowly, I remembered something. Something I would have rather left forgotten.

I sighed, my tears now silently trailing down my cold cheeks as I tried to forget, but couldn't. Our love was not meant to be, it was forbidden, unthinkable. But yet, it had happened anyways. For what reason I don't know, but it had felt as natural as gazing at the stars or taking a walk when I fell in love with him, but these feelings, for people like us, and especially between us, was not meant to be.

"Tell me a lie... Lie to me," I whispered.

"Everything will be alright," he said.