Chapter 4 (IV): Change

A chill coursed through Katsumi's body.

*Ding Dong Bing Bong*

The Monokuma announcement sounded.

"A body has been discovered! Now then, after a certain amount of time, the class trial will begin!"

"Wh-What the hell, is this?!" Hajime said, his face looking clammy.

"Nidai-kun..." Katsumi said, staring at the body. "He's..."

Sonia's face turned pale. "No... this is a lie... right?"

"Why..." Hajime muttered.

"Hey!" Akane had shown up. "What happened—?"

When she saw Nekomaru's body, her face suddenly changed.

"Move...  MOVE!" she shouted.

She violently shoved Hajime aside as she ran towards Nekomaru.

...

Tears started falling from her face. "Why...? Why is Old Man Nidai...? Why did he have to die... again?" She kneeled on the ground. "D-Dammit... I never paid you back... Why...? I never paid you back... for your help last time!"

...

Everyone else was silent.

After some time, Akane finally managed to stand up again, this time looking furious. "Hey! Who did it?! Who killed Old Man Nidai?!" she yelled.

Suddenly...

"Ooh boy! What a shame!" Monokuma said, showing. "I took all the time to bring him back and yet he still dies."

"You! What are you saying?!" Akane yelled, balling a fist.

"Owari-san, stop it!" Chiaki said.

"Anywaaaays, here's the Monokuma file!" Monokuma said as he handed it over. "And also... a gift from me to you! Red bean bread and milk!"

Food...

"Since if you guys don't eat, you might not last until the class trial..." Monokuma laughed. "Anyways, don't eat it too fast or you'll get a stomachache."

They all ate the food in silence. Katsumi managed to feel a little better.

A... little...

"The killer..." Akane said. "Once I find, I'll make sure to the crap out of them with my bare hands...!"

"Um... what has happened to the others?" Sonia asked. "They appear to be very late."

The people at Strawberry House...

"Gee, I never expected all of you to ditch Monokuma Tai Chi... What a shame," Monokuma said.

All of us...?

"Upupu... do your best to investigate," Monokuma said. "I'll be waiting at the class trial."

He quickly disappeared. There was nothing to do except start the investigation.

Again...

Investigate

Looking at the surroundings, there had been a giant pillar knocked over and the Strawberry door handles chained. Nekomaru's body was tied in wire, his head dented and his arms detached, with a giant wooden hammer next to it. There were also pillar fragments underneath the body.

"I'm sorry, Hinata-kun," Katsumi said, with a frustrated look.

"Huh?" He looked confused.

"I mean, autopsies are still my job during investigations, aren't they? Even after what happened to Tsumiki-san... But this time, since... Nidai-kun's a robot, I can't really do anything."