Chapter 3 (I): Third Island

It was finally the next morning.

Hajime got up and went over to the restaurant. Surprisingly, only Hiyoko was there. Upon entering, he also noticed something. On the wall, there were pictures on a panel, all originally belonging to Mahiru, with several tall candles looming around it with animal skulls in the back. It resembled an altar and also gave off an ominous vibe.

Off of the way Hiyoko was speaking...

"Hey, Saionji, did you..."

He was interrupted by more people arriving and subsequently getting freaked out by the shrine, with Nekomaru even going as far as to say that they should burn it down. Hiyoko was looking increasingly sad.

Finally, when Chiaki came along, she said something, "...Why don't you take a closer look at the intent instead of focusing on appearances? It might look a little clumsy, but you can tell it was made with respectful feelings, right?"

Everyone there slowly agreed, with Hiyoko smiling again. And then...

/—/

Katsumi had woken up to the morning announcement but had lied in bed for a few minutes to think about what happened yesterday.

Is Kuzuryu-kun really okay? I guess there's no use dwelling on it...

Coming out of her cottage, she saw Nagito walking out as well. They quickly greeted each other, then walked over to the restaurant.

She walked in. "Good morni—"

Her words suddenly stopped when saw some sort of altar in the back of the room. It looked kind of ominous.

...

"Huh? This is...?"

She looked at Hajime. He glanced at her, then quietly gestured towards Hiyoko.

Ah... okay...

"What the...? What is this object that is releasing a foul aura?!" Gundham cried, who had also just walked in.

"...Wow, this is a very... hopeless object," Nagito said. "It's absolutely brimming with malice."

Oh no...

"Let's just hurry up and destroy it. I can't stand to look at it for even one more second."

Hiyoko's expression immediately turned shocked. And then... she started crying.

Katsumi's initial neutral expression became more and more annoyed. She violently elbowed Nagito in the arm.

"O-Ow..."

"God... I can't believe you're being so inconsiderate," Katsumi scolded. "Read the room, will you?"

Everybody was staring at her in shock.

"Gah! So it was true!" Ibuki cried. "You two really are acting chummy with each other!"

Ah...

Katsumi quickly looked away. Her face felt hot.

CHAPT. 3
Trapped by the Ocean Scent
Daily Life

Everyone started discussing about Fuyuhiko's situation.

"Leave the rest to me!" Akane said, all fired up. "I'll beat up Monokuma and avenge Kuzuryu."

"Avenge?!" Kazuichi said nervously. "He's not even dead!"

Suddenly, Monomi showed up. "Everyone! I have an announcement to make! I managed to defeat another Monobeast!"