002

002, IM HUNGRY

ANNABELLE STARED AT Deena who had just told them that she had quit band, surprise evident on the girls face

"Since when?" Kate asked, looking at the girl, both Kate and Annabelle did cheerleading together and deena did band, Jesden just got in band last year.

Jesden laughed "I knew it." He happily muttered.

Deena looked at Kate and Annabelle who was leaning against her "since who gives a shit!"

"Was band the only extracurricular you had left?" Deena looked down, not answering "you still have your band uniform, right?". She went over to Simon, putting her bag down "you just wear that shit one last time". Kate then bent down to grab the box Simon had "I've got something that'll give you the balls the face Sam".

Annabelle looked at the box as she opened it "Nice".

"Hey, Anne". Annabelle looked in the back of her, jesden handed her, her binder "I have to go meet up with some friends, I'll see you later".

Annabelle nodded, jesden waved to Simon who nodded and waved back before jesden walked out the bathroom.

Annabelle walked over to Simon who was still on the ground and looked down at him.

Deena took a look at the box "what? You're dealing again? I thought you stopped after this dingus's brother OD'd".

Simon stood up and looked down proudly at the box before looking back up at Deena "Timothy?" He tilted his head in confusion.

Kate looked at Simon and then to Deena "Wh. . . Uh. . . Timothy wasn't a real OD, he didn't actually die". She looked at Simon "they brought him back"

"Ja-jing!" Simon made an weird noise, Annabelle looked up at the taller boy, shaking her head.

"Yeah, I thought you knew that". Annabelle laughed, Deena shook her head, smiling at the short girl.

"You're both morons, Annie is my now favorite". Deena told their two best friends.

"Yay! Beat that". Annabelle smirked up at Simon who playfully rolled his eyes at her.

"Excuse me, which one of us is valedictorian, again?" Kate asked, laughing "president of every club this shithole has to offer"

"I'm actually president of the, oh yeah, mistake club". Annabelle said making the group of friends laugh.

She grabbed her binder that she had previously put on the sink, holding it up to her chest as they all walked out the bathroom.

As Simon opened the door, Annabelle walked out next as the rest also did and Kate started talking again "I'm getting out of here. Off to claim my place among the stairs, bitch"

Just when they were going to walk down the hallway they heard someone screaming happily as they ran down the halls "woo! The witch lives! Long live Sarah Fier!"

They all moved aside as he ran pass them, Dragging an dummy, an rope around the dummies neck and dragging it.

"Yeah!" Simon cheered, Annabelle laughed a little bit, but then noticed the look Deena gave them, she stopped but smirked up at Deena.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Annabelle stood next to Simon as they listened to the coach's announcements "before tonight's game, out of respect for last nights tragic event, Sunnyvale will host a candlelight for the victims, all player, cheer and band attendance is mandatory". Simon looked down at Annabelle as the coach said that, listening to the other kids' shouts of going, not really wanting to go.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Annabelle was in the seat in front of Simon, she had her cheer outfit on and was talking to one of her friends across the seat from her as they listened to insane in the brain

She looked up as Deena passed, the girl giving her a smile before Simon growled in the back of her at Deena.

"Annie". Annabelle looked away from her friend, looking back at Simon "do you still have gum?"

Annabelle nodded, grabbing the pack of gum that was next to her, opening it and giving him one.

She closed the pack, looking at Simon "that's your last one, I gave you three already."

Simon nodded, but Annabelle knew he was still going to ask for another as he chewed on it.

She then went back to her conversation with her friend as the bus started moving "he's hot." Her friend motioned to Simon, though she wasn't as quiet.

Annabelle laughed "he can hear you." They both looked at the boy who waved at Annabelle's friend, Her friend got embarrassed and looked away.

Annabelle shook her head and looked at Simon who gave her a toothy grin "at least smile at her"

The boy shrugged "not interested, she's not as hot."

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

It was dark once they got there, of course it was, they've been driving for what seemed like hours.

"This isn't how I wanted to be here tonight." The man said, over the speakers as he looked at all the kids, Annabelle stood next to Simon looking at the guy as they listened to the mayor "I wanted to be here as a fan. Our Sunnyvale devils and your Shadyside witches throwing down some good old American football, instead I find myself here as a husband, a father, as a neighbor. And, yes, mayor of Sunnyvale". Annabelle stared at the candle, before looking back up as the mayor continued "And on behalf of all of the people in my town, I say all of Sunnyvale mourns with you".

Annabelle looked at the other preppy cheerleaders, in their red uniforms, all of them looking as if they had places to be, Annabelle scoffed lightly making Simon look down at her "yeah, sure seems like it."

Annabelle shook her head, rolling her eyes at them before turning back and looking at their side, seeing her brother in his band uniform.

"Yeah, preppy shits, am I right?" Simon said, chuckling a bit, the girl looked up at him, furrowing her eyebrows, he awkwardly laughed "okay, not in the mood, got it." He nodded.

Annabelle sighed "I hate those preppy kids who can't seem to give a damn about anyone but themselves."

Simon nodded "well, some of them."

"Yeah, I get that, some, but still." Annabelle looked forward, listening in as the man continued speaking in the speakers.

The football lights turned off, one by one, only having dimly lit lights from their candles to which they were still passing down until everyone had one, the moonlight and the lights that were still on in the building.

Another guy, which was the mayors brother, walked up to the stage and started speaking in the mic "My family's been in Sunnyvale for generations, and, now my brother is mayor, and I your sheriff." He told them, looking at the kids, from Sunnyvale to Shadyside "we've prospered here, and yet, I've seen you, our neighbors in Shadyside, suffer tragedy after tragedy, it's easy in times like this to drown in questions of why. . . Why this happened." Annabelle looked down for a second, pursing her lips together she looked back up "but I know too well there are no answers that will provide relief. There's no peace found in the past." Simon looked down at Annabelle who was focused on the sherif on the stage, two sections of her Burnett hair was braided and tied back, leaving most of her other hair down "we must not fall into darkness. We must look to the light."

Annabelle tilted her head "What light? The candles? Heaven? Which one cause there's a lot j can think of." She mumbled, Simon hid his smile and nudged her.