Chapter 1: Carlisle's Clan

Edward bent down and gently released the deer he had been feeding on. He had finally managed to get his hunger under control after draining nearly three whole deers and ending their lives. He shuddered in guilt and gently ran a hand over fur of the lifeless deer below him. He knew this way was better than hurting humans, but it still didn't make it easy.

Edward had been a vampire for nearly 100 years now. His mother had died of the disease now called influenza and Edward would have ended with the same fate if it wasn't for Carlisle. Carlisle was a doctor at his hospital and evidently a vampire. As Edward's life was fading away, Carlisle's sharp needle teeth ripped into him and he began the agonising transformation process. The pain that he had to endure to turn into a vampire still haunted him to this day, it felt like endless agony, like being burnt alive, and lasted days upon days. When he finally awoke, his senses were incredibly heightened, and he was strong enough to smash houses to rubble with ease. He also had the ability to read minds, an intrusive power that has taken years and years to perfect and caused lots of arguments in the clan. After his transformation, Carlisle gave Edward the offer to join his clan, which currently only contained him and his wife Esme, another vampire.

Throughout the years Carlisle's clan gradually grew.

Rosalie and Jasper Hale were twins and were changed during the First World War. They had been riding their horses in an abandoned town in Texas when two stunningly beautiful women stopped them and asked for assistance. Jasper being the caring one out of the two jumped down from his horse and began to walk towards them whilst introducing himself. The girls slowly looked up, fully revealing themselves and Jasper stopped in shock, struck by the sight of their blood red eyes. The woman in front lunged at Jasper and the other at Rosalie before he could shout a warning. With one last look at each other, the twins were having their blood drained. They woke up alone and scared with a ravenous hunger that needed to be fulfilled. With no knowledge of what they had turned into or what was happening the twins, uncontrolled, drank an entire village of people. The twins had been travelling trying to find answers when Carlisle tracked them down from police death reports and convinced them to join the clan to help with their control.

Next came Alice and Emmett, two next-door neighbours who had been involved in a hit and run, Carlisle had been their doctor and had saved them in the same process as he had with Edward. After they had completed their transformation they travelled together for a couple of years before returning and agreeing to meet Carlisle's clan. Immediately it was obvious that Alice had a connection with Jasper and the same with Emmett and Rosalie and before long they were all loved up. Leaving Edward to 7th wheel all of the happy couples in the family. For years Edward travelled the world trying to find a vampire that would complete him, just as the others had done, but he had no such luck and so gradually gave up hope in ever finding his soulmate.

The clan travelled as a group for many years until finally settling down in a small town called Forks, where the younger clan members attended school and Carlisle and Esme were hired at the local doctor's surgery where Carlisle became a doctor and Esme worked as his receptionist.

Edward enjoyed attending the human school and learning but it was definitely difficult and trying on all of the vampires there and they all had to really work on their self-control over the years. Carlisle had always had a great deal of self-control as he worked with blood constantly, but the others hadn't needed to in the past and so being in such tight confinements with living and breathing humans was hard, but they had luckily never had any slip ups before.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Wind blew through her hair as she ran at the speed of light, she knew which direction she was running to and where she would end up. It was miraculous that she had never hit anything before when she was running but had somehow managed it. Light was glowing through the leaves in the trees making the scene idyllic and magical. At this moment she truly felt immortal, nothing could stop her. The sound of a stream trickling down the hill sounded in her head, she could hear the fish splashing around in the water and further than that she could hear their miniature hearts beating, she felt powerful.

She closed her eyes as she thought about her destination, she had spent the last 5 years trying to locate her father and had finally found a reliable hint. He had abandoned her and her mum when she was 12, he had left in the middle of the night with the woman he had been having an affair with. Years later they received a wedding invitation through the post, that's what had really broken her mum.

Her father was a vampire, her mother a human making her a vampire-human hybrid. She was the first of her kind as far as she knew. Her mum had died during birth, but her father injected her with his own venom until she eventually woke up as a stunningly beautiful vampire.

After he left them her mum went downhill, she had thought that they would be together forever, but he had betrayed them. He had left her as a single mum with a teenage vampire hybrid and no clue what to do. Heartbroken and feeling like she had no other choice, she went to the Volturi and revealed herself to a small group of humans living nearby. Not long after, she was brutally pulled apart by the Volturi and burnt for her illegal doings.

After her father found about what her mum had done, he brought his new wife around to the house and offered for her to move in.

It was a warm and sunny day when it happened, she was working out in the garden and the wife had followed her outside. She was questioning her about how long she would be staying with them for as she needed the spare bedroom. She glanced up at the new wife, the reason her mother had died, the reason her family was now broken, and now she was trying to get rid of her as well, and she attacked.

The girl discretely bent her knees and pounced on her unsuspecting body. The wife let out a startled scream and with a growl she was suddenly pinned against a tree. She glared up at her father who had his hands wrapped around her throat. He was so prepared to protect his new innocent wife, so uncaring about his previous family that he wasn't even bothered about hurting his only daughter.

And just like that, she had been kicked out of the family home.

For years she travelled around the world. She met with the Delani clan in Alaska, a family that her mother was good friends with before her sudden death. But most of her travelling was alone. Travelling the world country by country, making lifelong vampire friends but never seeming to find her one true soul mate.

She always had the belief that if she ever found her soul mate, she would understand her fathers' actions. She would have someone there for her and would be able to love someone with her whole heart. She would remember what it was like to be loved. Her whole life she had unsuccessfully been looking for that one person to make her dead heart beat once again.

After being kicked out of the house she hadn't seen her dad or stepmother in 170 years. Over the years she became lonely and willing to forgive and try to see past their differences. She had felt a nagging pulling feeling from her chest telling her to find her father for a few years now and this had been the first time she had gathered enough courage to actually go forward and go back to the two people who haunted her very dreams. She has gained her strength and her heart has hardened during her solitude in preparation of ever seeing her father again.

Throughout the years her powers had gradually appeared and grown. Her powers started forming once she left her father and finally learnt how to control them once she reached full maturity at 18 and stopped aging.

She looked up into the sky as she thought about her father, he probably thought she was a weak half-vampire, he probably thought that she was dead and never even thought about her.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath as she felt her powers twisting anf turning underneath her fingertips. She'll show him.