7

George was rested against the arm of the chair whilst Dream was against the other, Dream was intently focusing on the movie whilst George was struggling to stay awake. They'd been together around a month now, George had been staying at dreams for the last couple of days.

Dream burst into laughter at a scene in the movie, however glanced over to George with concern noticing he didn't give the same reaction.

"George?" He gently brushed his hand up and down George's forearm, "You okay."

"Feel like shit dream" It was barely a whisper, George's eyes were heavy lidded, Dream reached out to pull George close but weakly George pushed him away, "Don't, you smell like really strong of cologne." George grunted holding his head.

"Oh...?" Dream sat there confused, "Do you want a drink of water?"

George hummed a no, Dream tried to think of his medical knowledge over what it could be but simply couldn't make sense of it, he highly doubted it was a seizure as he displayed no other symptoms.

"Cluster headaches." George sighed, "What're you prescribed for it? 30mg cocodamol? sumatriptan? steroids?" Dream stood.

"Sumatriptan injections and home oxygen." George wiped his eyes.

"What're are your triggers?"

"scent, light sometimes."

"Right." Dream began putting out all scented candles and opening the windows, he dimmed the living room lights. "Do you have any injections on you!?" Dream asked standing beside George and running a hand through his hair.

"mhm, bag."

"I'll get changed then i can give you an injection, is that okay George?"

George hummed a yes in response and Dream walked to the bedroom, he changed his shirt and sweats as the ones he previously wore, as George complained were coated in cologne.

He walked over to the black bag that was discarded to the corner of the bedroom and looked around in it eventually finding the white injections with the blue tip.

Carefully he sat beside George, tapping him, "sit up love, alright?"

George grunted and sat, he seemed rather limp, wincing his eyes and the feeling, Dream couldn't imagine the pain he was in. Cluster headaches were known as one of the top three worst pains a human could endure, usually number one on most lists (depending what medical professional you asked.)

"Thigh or forearm?"

"Thigh" George winced closing his eyes.

"Youre alright baby, ive got you." Dream hushed rubbing at his thigh, he brought the injection to George's thigh he heard his breath hitch, he injected it, waiting a few seconds before pulling away.

He knew after sumatriptan after a couple minutes the person taking it would get extremely drowsy.

"Cmere, changed my shirt for you." He opened his arms and George practically fell into them, resting against Dreams chest as he gently lay down, hushing and running his hand through george's hair, the room was silent with the television now off, the sound of gentle wind hitting against the window of their high up apartment occasionally filled the room but that was all.

——

"Thank you for last night." George smiled as he exited the shower, looking down to his boyfriend who was sat on the edge of his bed finishing up writing an email.

"Not a problem, why didn't you tell me?"

George shrugged, tugging a shirt over his previously exposed chest, discarding the towel, he had put sweats on in the bathroom but had forgot a shirt, "didn't think you'd need to know."

"You feel better now though right?"

"A lot better, i'd had that headache for weeks, the brunt of it was last night. think it finally got to me." He chuckled.

"Could be not move a tank over here? just in case."

"Cant, they're tricky to transport and legally the fire department needs to check over a home to make sure it's suitable, cause yknow pure oxygen?" He gestured with his hands an explosion making an 'explosive' noise with his mouth for dramatic affect before sitting beside Dream.

"Yeah, you're right, would you not want to move in?"

"Weve been dating a month Dream."

"So? you're here like almost every day anyway, what's the point of you paying rent for your place when you're hardly there."

George hummed in acknowledgement, letting his head rest on Dreams shoulder as he continued to type away.

"Gove me some time? To think about it?"

"Yeah, of course."

"Also, don't you start work in an hour?" George glanced down to the digital clock on the computer. 06:40

"yeaaaahhhhh" Dream dragged out finally sending the email and closing his laptop, he diverted his attention to George, letting his hands absentmindedly grab Georges, playing with his fingers.

"Woah, for once, the Dream doesn't want to go to work?" George sarcastically said, raising his brows as he lifted his head from Dreams shoulder.

Dream sighed, standing, he pulled his shirt off and changed into a tank top, eventually pulling his work shirt over and doing it off, the two hadn't been intimate sexually yet, however didn't mind seeing each other in such a manner, after all, they'd spent a few years getting changed beside each other in high school locker rooms, not much was different. George was the only one who really saw the extent of Dreams old scars across his stomach and arms, but it was okay, Dream knew George wasn't judgemental so he didn't mind. Besides, George never commented on them.

"You wanna know why i became a paramedic?"

"Sure," George smiled crossing a leg over his own.

"Cause, for every time as a teen i wanted to yknow, kill myself."

"Right." George raised a brow, yet listened in.

"I keep track of how many people i've saved," Dream grunted, reaching under his bed and pulling out a tatted notebook, scrolling through numerous marked pages. "So like... it's to remind myself that if i let the demons or- whatever take control and i wasn't here anymore, this many people might not be here either."

He scrolled through the paper, numerous names and numbers, dates and incidents his eyes glanced over in the years he'd worked as a paramedic.

"Dream, that's." He paused trying to find the right wording as Dream passed him the book and he looked through it.

"That's really cool, i didn't realise."

"I think it's the reason i worked so much, i was desperate to prove that i was worth living, yknow? Wow-" He chuckled, "ive never really said it out loud before."

"I'm really proud of you Dream."

"I know."

George stood, standing on his tippy toes, planting a kiss on Dreams forehead, gently tapping his cheek with his hand before pulling away with a smile, "so proud"