5

Currently Dream was sat in the drivers seat of the ambulance, he'd arrived a little early and couldn't be bothered to converse with the junior paramedics in the staff room, so decided to just go to the ambulance and wait for Bad.

His phone went off, so he took it out, not minding since his shift hadn't technically started.

[George: Hi! i was wondering if you're free for lunch today?]

[Dream: Aaa i'm at work :( ]

[George: What times ur break?]

[Dream: i think about four, i guess, i normally just go to the parking lot of somewhere and get a coffee and sandwich.]

[George: Let me know where you go and i'll buy you lunch? :] ]

[Dream: I wanna see you, but you're not allowed to pay]

[George: Fine fine, just let me know where, please <3?]

[Dream: Ofc, you okay?]

[George: Yeah!! i've had a bad headache for the last two days but i'm sure it'll go away]

[Dream: Okay, just stay safe, alright? I'll see you later <3]

[George: Bye loser, have fun saving lives and stuff]

Dream chuckled at George's response, shaking his head and putting his phone back into his pocket and almost on cue Bad opened the door and pulled himself in.

"Good Morning! Early as usual" He smiled, pulling his seatbelt over himself and moving to get comfortable in his seat.

"Yeah, you're on time as usual"

"Thankfully Lucy's sitter is back so i don't have to worry about the school run anymore." He chuckled, opening the window as the ambulance was slightly warm.

"Good, i'm glad!" Dream beamed, he switched the ambulance on by turning the keys and drove out of the bay he was in beginning to drive around. They were advised to do so as it would be better to respond to emergencies, if all ambulances remained in bays it was less likely they'd be able to get to an emergency quick so driving around upped the chances of them helping propel.

"You actually took your thursday off." Bad turned watching Dream as he drove with a smile.

"Yeah, uh-" He chuckled, keeping his eyes on the road as they pulled up to some red lights, he got slightly distracted by how bright the sun was but managed to focus again, "I saw the guy we saved from the wreck last month."

"George?"

"Yeah, George" Dream hummed contently as the light switched to green, continuing to drive.

"Oh! that's good?"

"It was actually, turns out we were closer than i remembered."

"How so?" Bads position shifted as he became more interested.

"Well, it turns out me and him had a thing.... back in high school"

"And you didn't know?"

"Erm," Dream tugged on his collar a little with a free hand before putting it back on the wheel. "I kind of repressed a lot of high school."

"Surely if you guys had a thing, you would've remembered it though."

"I think we broke each others hearts, it was easier to have made myself forget at the time than to hurt everyday. well that's what i think atleast"

"I'm sorry,"

"Don't be, he's back in my life, so that's got to be good."

"Yeah, i'm glad things are looking up for you Dream. I know you love your job and it's amazing that you're so committed but..." he paused, thinking hard to find the right wording. "Maybe it's a good thing that you've got something- someone besides work to focus attention to, yknow? It's good to have that."