[6]

"dreeeeeam"

Dream headed to the door upon the frantic knocking and calling of his name, as soon as he opened it a sea of brown fell under his chin, George had quickly wrapped his arms around his waist, holding him tight and it didn't take long for Dream to cry. George kicked the door shut with the back of his foot, keeping his arms wrapped around dream, his hands brushing over his back in an effort to comfort him as his voice hushed.

"You're okay, see?" He hushed, "you're alright dream" He continued to say words of reassurance as the two just stood, eventually Dream pulled away wiping at his eyes.

"I'm sorry- i don't know what's wrong with me today"

"You're tired Dream, by the sounds of things you barely sleep. you work too much" George sighed brushing Dream hair out of his eyes, pushing it back. "look, why don't you take a nap." George removed his hand from Dreams hair and stood smiling before him letting his arms fold as Dream had finally gathered himself.

"i can't sleep now, it's too early" Dream sighed, he glanced to the window behind him, it was pure daylight outside. barely late afternoon.

"We can watch your favourite disney film, eat some snacks then?" George smiled raising a small paper bag and shaking it to reveal there was stuff inside

"All these years and you still know me so well" Dream chuckled scratching at his stubbled chin.

"Of course, Dream we were best friends and spent everyday with each-other for a long time. Even though that didn't end well in the past, we're in the present now and i'll do my best to make sure this time it goes right."

"Thank you George."

"Don't thank me, it's going to be a joint effort isn't it" George let his hand brush over Dreams, their knuckles touching, Dreams hand hesitated slightly but eventually grabbed George's hand holding it and rubbing his thumb over the smooth skin.

"Of course, everything feels so just..." he paused biting on his bottom lip trying to find the words, "in place? i don't know, i know what i mean in my head i just can't make sense of it in words"

"It is, now let's just chill okay? You deserve it."

Dream led George into the living room, George placed the brown bag on the coffee table and Dream set up the television opening up Netflix and handing the remote to George. They both got comfortable, a fair distance between them.

After all, they may have been somewhat intimate as teenagers, but then again they never had the chance to explore those feelings, from cuddling they deemed as platonic and they unfortunately didn't uncover those feelings as romantic until the day before dream left, it was all too late, all poor timing. Neither of them had dated anyone since, almost as if their hearts still subconsciously lay with each other, waiting to be reunited and it seemed as if the world was on their side, bringing them together once again. Everything quickly fit into place when they were around each other, soft touches that just felt natural, even over messages it all came so easy, their conversations were so light hearted and no where near forced as if they'd had this continuous friendship for years, a bond that never even went broken.