||Chapter 1/ Demon Reawakening||

Summary/
Naruto's gone missing, Sasuke and Sakura worry, the Hokage is acting weird,
Two of the leaf academy teachers are dead, and a mysterious voice whispers in Naruto's head.
Freedom is something weird.

/ /

Multiple forests were scattered in Konoha'sWalls, and were mostly used for training, except the eastern part of the village

Walls, and were mostly used for training, except the eastern part of the village. A certain spot in this forest, where the tree branches and leaves are too thick and cover the sun leaving the shade, had a spot where the trio Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke used to meet up, if Naruto wasn't doing mischief in the village. The day prior, Sakura had beaten the two in a race and was ready to boast about even more once Naruto arrived. For now, only Sasuke was there with her in their little meet and greet spot.
Sasuke leaned up against a tree with his arms crossed, the same tree had a large tree branch attached to it about 4 meters/12 feet above the ground where Sakura was seated on, moving her dangling legs back and forth as the two waited for Naruto. She opened her mouth to say something but before that, she sighed,

"I know Naruto is usually late sometimes but," Sakura stopped to frown. "He's never this late."

Sasuke nodded silently in agreement without looking at her. Something felt off however. The wind was different, the vibe was different, the aura was all dark. Naturally, this scared Sakura as she jumped off the branch she was seated on and smiled nervously at Sasuke, turning her head around but kept her back facing him.

"He's probably still asleep. I'll go wake him up" with that said, Sakura dashed off in a hurry.
Unbeknownst to her however, Sasuke had followed.

'What the hell is that loser on?' Thought Sasuke as he ran through the woods.

/ / /
The Night Before

His first instinct was to run. So he did. As soon as he saw the third Hokage look upon him and the dead body of Iruka, as well as the fragment pieces of Mizuki's body, he made a run for it.
He ran like he could have never dreamed off past his limits. Faster than his race with Sasuke and Sakura...

'Sasuke, Sakura!' Thought Naruto as his thoughts reached the mention of the two. He immediately began to run faster.

What if they figured about him? What if they would become like the other kids and stay away from him and begin calling him a monster?
What if he hurt them though? Naruto didn't want to hurt them. His mind set up to the smiles Sakura gave him while sitting on the tree branch at their little spot in the eastern forest. He remembered all the fights and squabbles he'd lost to Sasuke and his feeling of shame when Sakura began to praise Sasuke.
He didn't want any of that to end. He didn't want to be alone again, he didn't want to stop seeing her smiles and losing his fights. But what if he'd hurt them, or even worse, kill them?

Naruto's vision came to a blur when his eyes began to pour out water. His tears scattered in the wind from his constant running. These thoughts of ending the fun he's had with Sasuke and Sakura made him sad.
But what made him more sad was that Mizuki and the villagers were right about him. He was a monster.
As he continued to zoom further and further away from the Hokage, he saw beige approaching. The village's wall. He came to stop as he saw the tall wall in his way. He was trapped. He immediately began to panic, his years rapidly flowing down even more. He collapsed as he fell to his knees, set his body down in a curled up position, and once again gripped his head tightly with his hands.