The B Team - Part 3 - The Vision

"Hey slow down!" said a voice as footsteps ran up the staircase behind her. Jessica turned around to find two boys, both teenagers, running up the stairs. The older one was in front of the younger one and he was holding a chain high in his hand, as if he stolen it from the other.

"Sirius?" Jessica whispered to herself.

The older one, identified as Sirius due to his familiar long brown hair and charming face, pushed right passed her, and he could only have been about fifteen years old. He looked happier than Jessica had ever seen him.

"You're not getting this back until you tell me who it's for!" Sirius teased the younger boy. The younger boy looked annoyed but playful as he slumped past Jessica, out of breath. He had a slimmer, more gaunting face, and his long whispy hair was pitch-black. He was hauntingly handsome, even at thirteen which Jessica had guessed his age to be.

"I said I'm not telling!" the boy said as Sirius ran into Jessica's bedroom. It was the honest truth that Mrs Weasley had done a better job decorating it than the Black's had.

"Oh look, Reggie has a crush!" Sirius teased as he jumped on the bed and held the chain above the boys head, "how cute!"

Reggie. As in Regulus. Regulus Black. Jessica's dad. It was a weird feeling as Jessica would always feel as though the dad she grew up with would be her real dad. There were too many memories. But seeing Regulus as a young boy in the house that she had known as a second home made her heart flutter with interest.

"Sirius please!" Regulus begged as he tried to grab the chain from Sirius's hand, "you shouldn't have gone through my things and you're gonna break it!"

"Fine!" Sirius said as he stopped jumping, "just tell me her name and i'll give the sodding necklace back."

Jessica, knowing they couldn't see her, moved in to the room until she was almost on top of Sirius. She squinted at the chain in his hand and then touch her own. It was the same necklace. Regulus had been the owner of it first.

"Alright!" said Regulus, slumping down to sit on the bed, "it's Bethan okay."

Sirius smiled triumphantly and joined Regulus by sitting on the bed. He stuck his knuckle out and placed the necklace onto his brothers lap. It just looked so ordinary lying there, it was a simple romantic gift for her crush. A crush that would bring Jessica into the world and make the necklace a rememberance of such enormous loss and pain.

"Bethan, from your year in Ravenclaw?" Sirius recounted, "the crazy one? Frizzy hair?"

"Don't make fun of her," Regulus said irritably, looking down to his left away from Sirius, "she's smart. Everyone always calls her crazy because they don't see what she can. You sound like my friends."

Sounds like a friend of mine, though Jessica, remembering how Luna was treated.

"Ugh that's an insult," Sirius said dramatically, acting deeply offended, "don't you dare say I ever sound like a Slytherin."

Sirius chuckled to let Regulus know he was joking and Regulus perked up, sharing a giggle and looking back at him again. The teasing had stopped, and now they were back to being friends.

"No actually I always thought that there's a lot of bravery in crazy," said Sirius earnestly, "that's why I hang around with Moony. Crazy is only a word people use when they're scared of someone who is different."

"So you're not gonna tell?" Regulus asked, "not even mum? She'll kill me if I don't date anyone pureblood."

Given what she new about Regulus becoming a Death Eater, Jessica couldn't realise how that had happened. He sounded disgusted with the term pureblood.